Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
08-04-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
I always use the latest revisions but as to device I use PC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 02:16 AM
This game runs well on my laptop, but there are some graphical issues I did experience. These are my issues (and probably the temp solution I found in the previous pages Smile):

1. Missing text from the conversation or in-game menu: (SOLVED)
    http://i.imgur.com/h4mb99S.jpg

This can be fixed by turning the Buffered Rendering off. This what exactly happens on my machine when the Buffered Rendering is turned off:
    http://i.imgur.com/4s6YBBY.jpg

2. Suspicious tremendous lighting effect (due to bezier/spline implementation -- that's what I found on previous pages). This is what it looks:
    http://i.imgur.com/TbEKg03.jpg

The image above was taken when I used Fira. I tried changing the settings here and there, and still no luck Sad

3. Overlapping text in battle screen (this is simply the most annoying one Confused). This is what it looks:

http://i.imgur.com/q6FPD2o.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J45nqEV.jpg

As you can see above, everything is overlapping in the bottom battle screen. The cursor is still be able to move. It is simply hard to see your magic and/or items.

Again, I tried changing everything with no luck resulted Sad

As I read from previous pages, everyone is having the first and the second problem.

The first one seems, currently and apparently, have no solution for AMD GPU. The second one is still in development investigation. But how about the third one, which is the overlapping text? Is everyone experiencing the same problem as I am?

This is the quick spec of my laptop:
PPSSPP: v0.8.1
CPU: Intel i5 2520M
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+)
08-05-2013, 11:45 PM
I, too, have a problem with overlapping text. Otherwise it runs fine.
08-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Huh, so Intel Integrated cards from the HD 3000/4000 series get working text with Buffered rendering OFF in this game too lol.

Sigh, this is one of those games that AMD card owners have got no luck with lol.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Well its not perfect with any vga. (for example i want to see perfectly working spell effects, they are looking awesome on psp, they should be awesome on pc in 1080p....still waiting for someone to implement spline\bezier)

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
08-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Thumbs Down RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
I also had the same problem AMD missing text, but I managed to solve it using a virtual machine Big Grin

[Image: vzhm.png]
08-08-2013, 04:30 PM
(08-08-2013 02:59 PM)jairchi Wrote:  I also had the same problem AMD missing text, but I managed to solve it using a virtual machine Big Grin

That is brilliant! I don't have an issue since I use an integrated HD card. However I would recommend you to put a tutorial together for other folks having that text issue while using AMD cards. It may be the temp solution till the emulator is more compatible.
08-08-2013, 05:24 PM
(08-08-2013 04:30 PM)Ultimacloud123 Wrote:  That is brilliant! I don't have an issue since I use an integrated HD card. However I would recommend you to put a tutorial together for other folks having that text issue while using AMD cards. It may be the temp solution till the emulator is more compatible.

I would do a tutorial or help as much as I can, but I have poor domain of English Sad
08-08-2013, 09:46 PM
(08-08-2013 05:24 PM)jairchi Wrote:  
(08-08-2013 04:30 PM)Ultimacloud123 Wrote:  That is brilliant! I don't have an issue since I use an integrated HD card. However I would recommend you to put a tutorial together for other folks having that text issue while using AMD cards. It may be the temp solution till the emulator is more compatible.

I would do a tutorial or help as much as I can, but I have poor domain of English Sad

It's all good. Maybe post it anyway and someone can use a translator like google or bing to figure it out.
08-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Any update on android device? The last time i try the game it still have a text issue.
Im using samsung galaxy tab. 7.0gt6200
08-17-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't have the text issue on nexus 7.
08-17-2013, 05:48 PM
updated from v0.8.1-1161-ge954bd-1 to

v.0.8.1-1585-g47ac6c0 breaks the in battle graphics a bit. Everything disappears when you turn off buffered rendering and turn on frame skip. When you turn it on...the sprites appear and the portraits but all of the menu text is gone.

Frameskip and buffered off allow everything to appear but the text still overlaps.
08-18-2013, 06:24 PM
(08-08-2013 02:59 PM)jairchi Wrote:  I also had the same problem AMD missing text, but I managed to solve it using a virtual machine Big Grin

Thanks, it is really helpful. Now I can enjoy this game.Smile
08-20-2013, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 09:20 PM by whiskyjack.)
This is barely playable on android (nexus 7). There are lines criss-crossing the screen, the audio crackles and pops, there are green outlines on sprites, overlapping text in combat and the text is blurry.

No mix of settings seems to resolve these issues.

Update: As of version 9.1 it is now unplayable as nothing is rendered when in combat.
08-22-2013, 12:51 AM
I've been playing FF4 on PPSSPP, and I've been able to go in-game. In fact, I've been playing the after years for quite some time, and even reached the final dungeon. You just need to tweak the settings, and you should see something going on. If you're using the most recent version, I recommend turning the rendering mode to Non-buffered rendering, and enable vertex cache(disable everything else in the "features" category). Then, in the system category, enable fast memory and dynarec if it isn't already. These are the settings I changed, and the game was playable. Needless to say, there are still some graphical errors in battle, using summon, white/black magic, etc. but that didn't bother me too much.

Oh, and by the way, I played this on my outdated galaxy S2, so it should work better on more recent devices, although I have no idea how that works.

Hope this helped Smile

-Igneel