Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
07-12-2017, 06:12 PM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
(07-12-2017 06:05 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  nope sry im still too lazy but i tell u what
i still have old copy of ppsspp with local adhoc and i dont care for testing or switching to new since all games i play locally works on it

be happy you have alternative

and i dont want to sound more retarded than i am if thats possible. probably not but i kinda would switch with you cause i like that no window menus in FF

? i am happy. im using the older build to play FF4 as we speak. and i wouldnt mind the no blue dialogue box for the text but the in game menu is completely unusable Smile. dont worry im sure someone with an AMD GPU will try test is sooner then later.

and btw if ur nickname is about Megaman X4 its an awesome game and im playing it right now as well Big Grin. im trying to play the best games of the FF series and megaman X series at the moment Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2017, 07:32 AM
remember hold down when you select zero

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
Find all posts by this user
07-14-2017, 05:13 AM
(07-13-2017 07:32 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  remember hold down when you select zero

you mean hold up?

"Megaman's Ultimate Armor

First hold down, then pick Megaman at the Player select screen. When you start Megaman's Armor should be outlined in purple. After beating the introduction stage, collect any one of the armor pieces and you will have the ultimate armor. It is best to get the first piece from the Web Spider level.

Play as Dark Zero

When you get to the character select screen, hold the up key while selecting Zero. When you start the game Zero should be wearing his black armor. "
07-14-2017, 05:19 AM
well i did remember 1 is up 1 is down didnt remember which is which

also remember dashslash>slash>dash>slash>dash>slash = ultra spam if your quick enough

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
07-16-2017, 08:12 PM
The change just removed a legacy BGRA path (rather than RGBA) which was used to improve performance on some older NVIDIA cards - it was actually hurting performance on newer cards. Plus the code added complexity that sometimes introduced bugs when making other changes.

In theory, the worst that should happen is that things might get slower.

What this probably means is that some AMD drivers are mishandling RGBA, or else some combination of settings. It might be doable to reintroduce BGRA, but it'd be best to figure out exactly when we need to enable it, because it's pretty decently slower on more modern NVIDIA cards.

With that said, many Windows games use Direct3D 11 - have you tried switching to the Direct3D 11 backend? I would expect it to work better for AMD and Intel cards.

-[Unknown]
07-18-2017, 03:30 AM
(07-16-2017 08:12 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The change just removed a legacy BGRA path (rather than RGBA) which was used to improve performance on some older NVIDIA cards - it was actually hurting performance on newer cards. Plus the code added complexity that sometimes introduced bugs when making other changes.

In theory, the worst that should happen is that things might get slower.

What this probably means is that some AMD drivers are mishandling RGBA, or else some combination of settings. It might be doable to reintroduce BGRA, but it'd be best to figure out exactly when we need to enable it, because it's pretty decently slower on more modern NVIDIA cards.

With that said, many Windows games use Direct3D 11 - have you tried switching to the Direct3D 11 backend? I would expect it to work better for AMD and Intel cards.

-[Unknown]

success! sorry i took so long i didn't know/get an email i had another response since your message wasn't a reply to any of mine. anyways i tried the newest build with default settings except i chose Direct3D 11 backend and it works just fine (blue dialogue box and all). thank you so much for your time and response.

so for future i should just stay with using D3D 11 if im using an AMD or Intel card? and you said you would expect it to work better, is that glitch wise or performance wise or both? thanks again in advance.Heart
07-22-2017, 08:34 PM
Very likely both. At this point, the Direct3D 11 backend is mostly on par with the OpenGL backend.

And on Windows you often see Direct3D 11 perform better (as an API) than OpenGL, in part because Direct3D 11 is likely to be better optimized by the driver vendor.

It may be different for Vulkan (which is sorta like the Direct3D 12 to OpenGL), but our Vulkan backend is still lacking features.

-[Unknown]
08-12-2017, 11:36 PM
Best settings for FFIV on 1.4.2? (Crashing issues)
So I just updated to the latest version of PPSSPP (1.4.2) and tried running Final Fantasy IV. In previous versions, I got the game to run, but there was a green border around sprites. On the bright side, that's not appearing in the latest version.

On the other hand, the game seems to crash every time I try starting a new game. At first, it starts okay. Shot of the airship fleet, Cecil talking to the soldiers, then when it cuts away to another cut scene, the emulator locks up and crashes.

Are there any ideal settings to prevent this? I'd like to have the text and graphics better rendered, but I don't know if I can have the best of both worlds and still have the game run smoothly.
08-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-17-2017, 12:04 AM
Try Direct3D 11. This sounds potentially like the same graphics driver bug as above.

-[Unknown]
08-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Yup! That did it. Awesome. Thank you.
10-29-2017, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 09:29 AM by Burgergold.)
I've this issue when starting a game of FFIV CC. I've an AMD 280x on Win10 64bits and drivers are 17.10.1
Retroarch 1.6.4 with libppsspp 1.4.2 crash on the flying boat not so long after I start. Also tried with a standalone PPSSPP 1.4.2
With RetroArch libppsspp, I've tried to switch from GL to D3D to Vulkan, always crash.
With standalone PPSSPP, GL crash, D3D11 works

Any idea for a solution or how to troubleshoot?
05-18-2018, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2018 12:51 AM by Burgergold.)
Issue with savegame in this game. It starts with error 80110327

Then it finally ends with 80110326 mentionning "the save data is corrupt. would you like to erase the save", then I can loop answering yes until I say no and it give the 80110326 error

PPSSPP 1.5.4 on Win10

C:\Users\myuser\Documents\PPSSPP\PSP\SAVEDATA\ULUS10560FFIV is created empty

edit: ok... wasn't working with 1.5.4 installed with the installer. I've replaced it by the one from the .zip and was able to save. Still get 80110327 while saving or opening the bestiairy but it works
07-10-2018, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2018 08:44 PM by Cutsman.)
After just completing FF3 with no issues, I'm having an issue with FF4 where the video stutters / frame drops for about 1-2 seconds every 10 seconds. It's very odd. The game seems to look and play fine otherwise. I've tried a ton of variations of settings and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Edit: After playing with it some more, I have discovered that changing it from CPU core Dynarec to IR interpreter makes it go away, but adds an annoying audio skip whenever going into a doorway (when loading occurs, I assume).
07-10-2018, 11:08 PM
If changing to IR helped, it probably means PPSSPP is running too fast, and so your CPU has unclocked. It depends on the OS and device how much this can happen. See here for more description:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issue...-375843042

"Real clock sync" under system settings COULD help.

-[Unknown]