Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
06-16-2014, 09:43 AM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
(06-15-2014 08:15 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try turning off hardware transform. I'm not sure if it will help. What platform are you on?

-[Unknown]

Windows 7 64-bit, it was indeed hardware transform the culprit, thanks. I'm amazed though, first time I ever had any issues with it enabled.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 02:11 PM by vnctdj.)
I wish I could get far enough and have these problems, but I can't even get a solid copy of the rom to download. Every copy that I have gotten that isn't just a sack of malware either refuses to unpack (says it is missing files) or parts 2-4 want to copy over and replace part 1. I'm desperate to play this game on my computer, I'd gladly pay for it if they'd put it up on Steam, but can anyone suggest a solid site to get the ROM from? And if that's not my issue, how do I go about getting it to work?

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
06-18-2014, 01:24 PM
(06-18-2014 01:01 PM)Kain Darkwind Wrote:  I wish I could get far enough and have these problems, but I can't even get a solid copy of the rom to download. Every copy that I have gotten that isn't just a sack of malware either refuses to unpack (says it is missing files) or parts 2-4 want to copy over and replace part 1. I'm desperate to play this game on my computer, I'd gladly pay for it if they'd put it up on Steam, but can anyone suggest a solid site to get the ROM from? And if that's not my issue, how do I go about getting it to work?

Wanna get a reliable ISO of this game?
Get a UMD of this game and rip the ISO using your PSP.
For details look at this FAQ page: http://www.ppsspp.org/faq.html Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-18-2014, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 03:10 PM by forumguy5272.)
FFIV CC settings?
I'm trying to run this on the emulator, but the audio skips and pops, the image has this constant zoom in/zoom out effect... what should my settings look like to get it to run well?

Btw, my specs:

Win 7 64-bit
8gb ram
GTX 570
i5-3450 3.1ghz (quad)

Okay so I've played around with all the settings, disabling Hardware Transform gets rid of the wobbly/zoom screen effect, but the audio pops are due to the game not being able to run at 100%. I've played with several combinations and it's usually between 80 and 90% speed, only getting 100% on menus. Keep in mind this is running the game at 1x PSP resolution as well, no HD attempts or anything.
06-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Is there a way to transfer the game to a computer ROM format if I own it without possessing a working PSP? (And if this is more piracy, I apologize, I'm certainly not trying to break any laws, I just want to play the game on my computer. Legally if that's possible.) If for instance, I have the actual game, but no psp system.
06-18-2014, 04:11 PM
I think the best solution is to ask someone to borrow his PSP and then you can apply the instructions written in the FAQ Smile
As stated in the FAQ, you will need to install a custom firmware on the PSP, you can find some help here Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I don't think you can rip ISO from an UMD without the use of a PSP.
I think only a PSP can read UMD's and nothing else.

The hard part is getting hold of a working PSP and UMD of the game.
Everything else is easy. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Another solution is to buy the game off a Vita's PSN store (assuming that the game is sold there), and back it up to your PC. It should be in EBOOT.PBP format, which PPSSPP can run directly. Or you can see if Sony's MediaGo program/store is still up and running, and buy it there. If I recall, it lets you buy stuff on your PC, and transfer it to your PSP, but it should store the EBOOT somewhere on your computer.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
06-25-2014, 11:07 PM
Mmkay, I have a problem with the game and I don't know if it has been addressed on this thread yet so I'll just state it. Also, I'd consider this a spoiler, so beware:
In The After Years, during the Lunarians's Tale, during the second battle with the Mysterious Girl, when she tries to summon Leviathan, the summoning animation occurs, but then the emulator crashes right before Leviathan appears and I don't know why.
The game copy I have is from the Playstation Network. Can someone help?
07-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Hi I am running PPSSPP 0.9.8 official release. I am trying to play Final Fantasy 4: The Complete Collection. I am at the very beginning of the game in the first Mist Cave at the boss. I can fight him up until he gets low on HP and is supposed to turn into mist. As soon as this happens, my game freezes and crashes every time.

Is there a fix / reason for this?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Use the latest git build instead. Several things should work better.

-[Unknown]
07-02-2014, 12:48 AM
I did. Game seems to be working great now, thanks for your hard work.
07-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Hey

is this game very playable now on the psp emulator
08-01-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm using 9.9 and the persistent white line on the overworld map is an issue for me.

Is there any sort of fix for this?