Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
God Eater Burst Problem HELP
06-28-2016, 04:17 AM
Sad God Eater Burst Problem HELP
after i finish mission when needs to kill black hannibal and save lindow ..
my screen only shows black that looks like inside a blackhole ..

i want to show my screenshot about it but forum says .. you cannot post clickable links to this forum threads and post ..

help please
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2016, 05:30 AM
RE: God Eater Burst Problem HELP
Starting from basic info about our forum:
- new users can't post clickable links until getting like 8 posts or so, it helps stopping most ad bots from posting, if the screenshot would be small enough you would probably still be able to upload it directly to the post,
- as all forums we have rules here and one of them says we keep 1 thread per game, the thread for this game already exists - here, next time please use search before opening new thread and don't be suprised once this thread get's merged to the existing one.

There's no point in screenshots of a black screen through, it really isn't a particulary hard thing to imagine nor it would ever point to the cause of any issue.

-----------

That being said, first thing you can try whenever hitting a problem(in any game for any problem) is restoring default settings(use option in system settings to do that), then restart emulation and reload game from normal in-game save. Don't use savestates for that as they keep old issues.

-----------

If that doesn't help, chances are this is happening cause known problem, will quote [Unknown] on this:
Quote:The reason is that Gods Eater Burst and God Eater 2 use a slab/pool based allocation model. They actually keep free slabs allocated and deallocate them when there's memory "pressure." So they keep very careful tabs on free memory and it's no surprise they break when memory isn't allocated the way they expect it to be.
^and there's really no easy "fix" for that, it changes from time to time ~ improving, but as long as ppsspp memory allocation differs at least a bit from real psp this game series will potentially be broken. Even through it's marked as playable it might worked by luck in the past or maybe even nobody played it long enough before to find a game breaking moment.

With the game being "playable" by luck even general improvements could affect it negatively, so best you can do for now is trying out older or newer ppsspp version from what you're actually using.
Some recent merges worth mentioning for this would be: v1.1.1-36-g27a124d, v1.1.1-420-g58c9f7d maybe also v1.2.2-292-g9434dfd so trying out versions before/after those revisions might affect compatibility, you can download older/newer ppsspp versions from official download page as well as buildbot.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-25-2021, 02:14 PM
RE: God Eater Burst Problem HELP
When i head out (press X) for mission True Moon In The Welkin when in loading screen my phone just reboot itselft when i try it again same results. Is it just the rom or something, i just have the normal PPSSPP. Pls help