Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No audio or SFX?
03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
No audio or SFX?
This is really one of the most awesome and performant emulators I have ever tried in my life BUT... it still got audio troubles. I'm trying to play Megaman Powered Up and Megaman Maverick Hunter X, which got pretty good ost remixes but unfortunately the build I'm currently using doesn't emulate at all the music or any SFX.

Will this be fixed soon or is there any build that solves this issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: No audio or SFX?
There isn't. The audio(atrac3plus) doesn't have a way of being decoded at the moment in PPSSPP. Atrac3 does. You'll just have to wait it out.
03-23-2013, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 07:40 PM by Robert4222.)
(03-23-2013 07:28 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  There isn't. The audio(atrac3plus) doesn't have a way of being decoded at the moment in PPSSPP. Atrac3 does. You'll just have to wait it out.

And there is no build that uses Atrac3? And how long will it take to decode Atrac3plus? I mean, it's a really long task, or it may just take a couple of months?
03-23-2013, 08:13 PM
You'd have to contact the game developer to ask if they have a build of the game that uses ATRAC3. Until then, we have to use the version they released which used ATRAC3+.

Someone is working on trying to decode ATRAC3+ but it's a very challenging task.

-[Unknown]
03-23-2013, 09:39 PM
I've tried the ATRAC3+ build but it didn't work for me so I didn't mention it.
03-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Then I can't count on this emulator for a fully enjoyable experience... but then, how does other emulators encode the audio files, like Jpcsp for example?

Also, I'm thinking about buying a ultrabook with the following specs:

Intel Core i5 with 4 threads and a maximum clockrate of 2.3 Ghz
4Gb RAM DDR3
Nvidia Geforce 620M GT

Do you think it is enough to run MMMHX at a decent framerate ?
03-24-2013, 02:25 AM
JPCSP does it by having you install a proprietary Sony plugin that only works on Windows. It doesn't work "out of the box", because they cannot distribute this plugin. Also, this is obviously completely unworkable for Android, since Android cannot run Windows or DirectShow plugins. Same with iOS, Symbian, Linux, and Mac, all of which PPSSPP runs on.

However, as nightmesh mentioned, someone is trying to implement this same feature for the Windows version only. It's not really the right approach for what could eventually work for other platforms, and seems to still have a number of bugs.

-[Unknown]