Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any idea on how to fix my corrupted MH3rd JD save file?
05-28-2016, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 12:17 PM by Wolfric.)
Any idea on how to fix my corrupted MH3rd JD save file?
Hello!

So, I fucked up.

I played "Monster Hunter 3rd HD ver" a lot last night and decided to try some money cheat to start with 50k (Makes things easier at the beginning).

First I used this cheat (Edited the right side to get 50k):

_C0 Money 9999999
_L 0x213A5E24 0x0000C350

And Ctrl+T and Ctrl+T and it never worked. So then I googled and used a newly found cheat (Edited the right side to get 50k as well):

_C0 Max. Money(Works)
_L 0x217AC8D4 0x0000C350

And it did not work either so I dropped it.

Now, when I was calling it a day, I went to save at the bed and got a message saying my "saved file was corrupted" and an option to overwrite it, so I did and closed the PPSSPP emulator (ppsspp-v1.2.1-12-g8e7de00-windows-amd64). Stupid me didn't think to save a state or something, but knew something was fishy. :/

I then re-opened it to make sure everything was fine, and all I get is:

Anyone knows how I can fix this? I read somewhere to try and activate the cheats again when loading, but it has not worked.

Here's the corrupted save file in case anyone wants to take a look at it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzp-k8...VVkM2xHV0U
I'd really appreciate any assistance I receive.

Thanks for reading!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: Any idea on how to fix my corrupted MH3rd JD save file?
You cant fix it
Also, dont cheat

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
05-28-2016, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 05:39 PM by LunaMoo.)
Unfortunately if you don't have backups in any form(or at least in-game savestate) you can say bye bye to your character since the file really is messed up.

If you will ever try to cheat again, check this ~ while I don't really maintain it anymore, those cheats still work fine as I just checked and most of them should also come with some safety measures to avoid problems like the one which killed your character.
Also not sure if you aren't confusing this ~ "Ctrl+T" on windows does not activate cheats, it activates cheat menu which can be entered from pause menu(the one you access by pressing esc in-game) where you can select cheats.

I would recommend to only enable cheats when you want to use them - disabling them later(edit: and well yeah make savedata backup before trying untested cheats;p). Making cheats for psp was always relatively easy and because of that there are many bad cheats flying around the net, for example those simple variable changing cheats in MH games should all include safety checks, cheats you used didn't had any checks at all meaning even if any of them would be correct, your game could get messed up anyway by just leaving the village with it activated.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-30-2016, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2016 11:34 AM by Wolfric.)
(05-28-2016 04:12 PM)Accel Wrote:  You cant fix it
Also, dont cheat

I've thrown 600 hours in MH3U. I am very fine with triggering a cheat to at least get money to start with the basics of the game instead of grinding them over for a past version of the game I've already mastered.

(05-28-2016 05:36 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Unfortunately if you don't have backups in any form(or at least in-game savestate) you can say bye bye to your character since the file really is messed up.

If you will ever try to cheat again, check this ~ while I don't really maintain it anymore, those cheats still work fine as I just checked and most of them should also come with some safety measures to avoid problems like the one which killed your character.
Also not sure if you aren't confusing this ~ "Ctrl+T" on windows does not activate cheats, it activates cheat menu which can be entered from pause menu(the one you access by pressing esc in-game) where you can select cheats.

I would recommend to only enable cheats when you want to use them - disabling them later(edit: and well yeah make savedata backup before trying untested cheats;p). Making cheats for psp was always relatively easy and because of that there are many bad cheats flying around the net, for example those simple variable changing cheats in MH games should all include safety checks, cheats you used didn't had any checks at all meaning even if any of them would be correct, your game could get messed up anyway by just leaving the village with it activated.

Thank you for this. I've since made a new character but was hoping I could retrieve the original one (As I started with friends and we made quite a bunch of Quests together). I've already used the money code from that thread and am almost back to where I was at with the friends.