Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Looking for Controller for Android for PPSSPP
05-21-2016, 06:55 AM
Looking for Controller for Android for PPSSPP
I'm looking for recommendations for a controller I can use with my phone to use with PPSSPP. The one I have is pretty cheap and crummy and now broken.

The issues I had with the one I bought and would like to avoid:
- The trigger buttons and thumbstick had a bit of a deadzone right out of the box. I could play, but the feedback was terrible and I couldnt exactly move as I'd have liked.
- Response time had a bit of a lag. I couldnt time it, but I assume the bluetooth version was a bit outdated, but that alone couldnt let me play fighters.
- Buttons were tiny. I dont mind this as much, but I measured them and it's about 6 mm, and it's not comfortable to press over and over again
- Back/Select button was the same back button for a phone. I dont know if this is every controller, but I worked select out by binding it to another button

As for things I'd like
- A Method to hold the phone
- Wireless/Bluetooth
- Built in battery, not one that you buy and replace
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Looking for Controller for Android for PPSSPP
If you want a controller that attaches the phone to the controller to hold the phone while playing then.... that removes most of my recomendations and mainly leaves iPega and Moga controllers aa the 2 main brands that do what you want

Moga will mainly make holders that hold the phone above the controller, like the way the shield portable looks or the GBA SP sort of.

iPega has both the phone on top style and also the side controllers style where the phone is held in the middle of a set of controllers that surround it on both sides ..... kinda like a psp if the screen was phone.

About your issues:

The back/select if it is labled back will almost universally function like an android's back button, unless you remap it in which ever emulator your using.

Response time will always suffer on wireless (well generic wireless). Unless a controller and hardware use a proprietary protocol (like the ps3/ps4, btw this is why those controllers are a massive pain to get working on anything else) there will always be some lag. So if you need frame perfect or close to frame perfect performance you will want to use a wired USB controller over a USB-otg adapter and hopefully it will help.

The rest of the issues are pretty much controller specific issues that hopefully your next one won't have.
05-23-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Looking for Controller for Android for PPSSPP
I have an Ipega. I think it’s a really good gamepad. The only problem is the Dpad is not as responsive as I would like – Like PS3, Xbox or other controllers. Besides that, nothing to complain!

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'