Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Texture Replacement
06-06-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: Texture Replacement
I'm trying to replace Zack texture on Crisis Core on Android, but not having success, the emulator dumps 4 textures of Zack, I modified and replaced all but don't change in the game can someone tell if this work on android armv7? (I turned on replace texture on ppsspp.ini and turned off the dump is tha right?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2016, 01:40 AM
(06-06-2016 07:20 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Either way I decided to translate some menus by replacements(because why not;p) and I think I found first bug:

Notice "new game" twice with the second one having original texture in the upper left corner? Well this happens when address and clut is same and only texture hash differs and we replace just one of them, in this particular example
040cc00000241219d14b9950 // new game which was replaced
040cc0000024121953033e9c // carry over savedata menu aka the second new game which wasn't touched

Does this fix that?

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/8806

(06-06-2016 07:58 PM)Efraim Lopes Wrote:  I'm trying to replace Zack texture on Crisis Core on Android, but not having success, the emulator dumps 4 textures of Zack, I modified and replaced all but don't change in the game can someone tell if this work on android armv7? (I turned on replace texture on ppsspp.ini and turned off the dump is tha right?)

Did you move the texture outside new/ and upload it to the right place on your Android device? It should work fine.

-[Unknown]
06-08-2016, 12:56 AM
(06-05-2016 06:01 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Yes. This must be present in the ini:

Code:
[options]
video = True

It will dump each frame and you can do whatever you want to them. On some weaker devices, smooth video playback may be an issue. Haven't really tested this.

-[Unknown]

just wanna ask what will the format of the video be? is there a way we can replace videos with another video in an mp4 format?
06-08-2016, 01:50 AM
It still just saves a PNG for each frame. It does not export actual video, texture replacement is being done at the GPU layer.

Some games will render videos without using the GPU (depends on the game, many do, many don't.) If they don't use the GPU, you won't be able to replace the textures, because there aren't any textures to replace.

-[Unknown]
06-09-2016, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 03:21 AM by Efraim Lopes.)
I edited the textures and saved on the same directory, the folder with the same name on the PNGs but as I said no success, many thanks for trying help me Smile I will keep trying (sorry about my poor engrish)
06-09-2016, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 03:31 PM by fivefeet8.)
(06-09-2016 03:19 AM)Efraim Lopes Wrote:  I edited the textures and saved on the same directory, the folder with the same name on the PNGs but as I said no success, many thanks for trying help me Smile I will keep trying (sorry about my poor engrish)

I think you're suppose to put them outside of that directory.

Quote:"to dump textures into \memstick\PSP\TEXTURES\gameID\new\, then put textures you edit into \memstick\PSP\TEXTURES\gameID\"
06-09-2016, 03:31 PM
PSP/TEXTURES/ULUS12345/new/ <-- where it puts the new pngs.
PSP/TEXTURES/ULUS12345/ <-- where it looks for replacements.

Maybe it's better if this is a setting and defaults off.

-[Unknown]
06-14-2016, 12:38 AM
hi @[Unknown].. i don't know if this is possible.. but could the new textures have something like passwords? i mean if someone wants to mess it up or change something, they need to have a password first before the changes proceed.. or else it won't work..

if it's possible, it would be a great help for the project that i'm doing.. many thanks.. Big Grin
06-14-2016, 01:16 AM
@komiks0916 - that's useless ~ it would be extremely easy to just build a slightly modified ppsspp version to get such textures anyway or even use third party software to dump it after replacement happens. PPSSPP as an open source software can't be used to secure anything from anyone and running on fairy open systems it couldn't even if it was closed source;p.

Also just to inform you if you use copyrighted work like textures from other game and you don't own the copyright you can't share your "projects" legally anyway and trying to protect what you got from other game via "password" wouldn't change that.

Really only files that can be safely shared with others to use with this feature should be ones you made from 0 by yourself and if you don't feel comfortable sharing your work - just don't as anything which goes online, stays online.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
06-14-2016, 02:11 AM
(06-14-2016 01:16 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @komiks0916 - that's useless ~ it would be extremely easy to just build a slightly modified ppsspp version to get such textures anyway or even use third party software to dump it after replacement happens. PPSSPP as an open source software can't be used to secure anything from anyone and running on fairy open systems it couldn't even if it was closed source;p.

Also just to inform you if you use copyrighted work like textures from other game and you don't own the copyright you can't share your "projects" legally anyway and trying to protect what you got from other game via "password" wouldn't change that.

Really only files that can be safely shared with others to use with this feature should be ones you made from 0 by yourself and if you don't feel comfortable sharing your work - just don't as anything which goes online, stays online.

ok @Lunamoo.. thanks for the info anyways..
06-21-2016, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2016 09:37 AM by amyroses.)
Hey guys, made an account for the sake of asking something, so hopefully someone is able to explain this to me-

I'm trying to do up the HUD for KH:BBS, for personal use, and I'm having that duplicate texture problem, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have my textures.ini file as follows:

Code:
[hashes]
0000000045acd9ea7ff18ca8 = HUD/AquaHUD.png

However, it still does not work correctly. Anyone have any idea why? I am able to provide more information, if needed

Thanks
06-21-2016, 11:08 AM
The texture name is ~ as explained earlier in this thread ~ address followed by clut, followed by texture. 00000000's are just wildcard that you want to set on part which changes.

0000000045acd9ea7ff18ca8 = HUD/AquaHUD.png
^address ^clut___ ^texture

With what you're setting it assigns 1 png to all cases with same clut and texture, but changing address, if it doesn't work, then that's probably not what actually happens so just check the generated filenames again and see what changes and what's not and hope the thing which doesn't change is unique for that texture.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
06-21-2016, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2016 03:54 PM by amyroses.)
I don't quite understand what you're trying to tell me.

Here is a few of the filenames of the texture I'm trying to replace:

0922719045acd9ea7ff18ca8
0912a19045acd9ea7ff18ca8
091ad99045acd9ea7ff18ca8

For all three of these cases, the first 6 characters are different, and the rest are the same.

I've tried setting the first 6 characters in the ini file as 0s before, but it still didn't work

What am I missing?

Edit: I'm now having a seperate issue where PPSSPP isn't dumping textures anymore. The 'New' folder is automatically set as read only, and nothing is dumped.

Edit again: I fixed this,

One more edit?: I seem to have worked it out, thanks for the help, LunaMoo, although I may return if I have another problem
06-21-2016, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2016 10:12 PM by LunaMoo.)
Well didn't really helped as the issue was different, what was the problem anyway?:3

I'm thinking maybe you had ppsspp opened when editing ppsspp.ini to switch the settings. As in such case I think ppsspp would just ignore then discard those ini changes on closing which certainly could be confusing. Probably good idea to add option to switch those from UI, maybe under Tools -> Developer tools or somewhere.

Edit: And so I added it to UI, under Tools->Developer tools - > Texture Replacement, should be available soon on buildbot.

06-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Not really sure what the problem was, but I deleted my textures folder and created a new one and now it seems to be fine.