Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macross Ace Frontier
02-15-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Macross Ace Frontier
No idea, like I said it reminds me GE2 weapon glitch, we'll see once GE2 gets properly fixed. Could be also some deepth problem as it happens when camera is moved. Basically fighter form as well as melee change the camera causing the resized mech parts glitch, maybe when both of those happen at the same time during some skills then it double-glitches and stays like that or something. Just weird theories, nothing more.

Also about fullscreen problems there's one more, two missions in MTF - バトロイド・アタック and バトロイド・アタックF ends up with blackscreen. Basically After drawing everything correctly it firstly decrease alpha trying to do something:

and then ends by leaving empty screen after:

No idea why it happens nor how to correct it, not affected by disabling/changing quality of bezier effect. Might be some weird shader go wrong or something. Gladly HUD is drawn later and it offers way more info than required to finish those missions. It's almost as boring as night missions in real flight simulators, but actually not harder from playing with graphics at all. As far as I tested ~ completed all CM except extra and survival which I'm kind of lazy to do today ~ this particular problem was affecting only those 2 listed missions, so actually not soo terrible.

One last thing - just for the sake of it, checked software renderer and jit off - none of those problems were affected by it.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2014, 09:52 PM
I see, when you said "Could be also some deepth problem as it happens when camera is moved" Phantasy star portable 2 came on my mind, but surely they are unrelated. Anyway thanks for your explanation and your contribution, it is surely helpful for the devs.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
02-16-2014, 04:10 PM
(02-15-2014 09:46 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Also about fullscreen problems there's one more, two missions in MTF - バトロイド・アタック and バトロイド・アタックF ends up with blackscreen....

Have you tried to run in Non-buffered or Buffered gpu/cpu?
I've noticed that there's some strange shader applied when buffered rendering is on.
02-16-2014, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 09:52 PM by Claxus.)
Thanks for the bezier removal, LunaMoo. Now the game is so close to 100% playable without glitches... Two missions (that can still be beaten like a newtype in the night) and the deforming effect.

So... Just one last real problem, basically? Unless you really wanted to play those 'arcade' missions... Well, you know a lot more than me about these issues, but one thing I can say, is that the weird part-deforming effect is something that occurred down the line of PPPSSPP versions.

Thinking back, I recall that didn't happen before, and I found it hapenning in another game last night. Battle Robot Damashii. Also an Artdink game, some of the mechs' parts deformed during certain actions like the Macross games, and that never happened before (I used to play BRD all the time on older PPSSPP versions).

I didn't play God Eater 2 a lot on emulator, but I never saw any of the weird transforming. Are you sure it was a game update that started causing it, or could it have been a newer version of PPPSSPP?
02-17-2014, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 11:56 AM by LunaMoo.)
Yeah GE2 have bugs from ppsspp, but weapon glitch started showing with an game update(doesn't in latest one). But it was just reminding me this issue, they might not be related.
And BTW if you say it didn't happened in the past would be good to see what started breaking it, we might just got a regression, need to find it now. Do you remember the build version it didn't happen, or how long ago it was? If we manage to find what broken it, then it might not be long till it get's fixed or at least reverted especially since as you say it affects more games. Gonna look for it later today when I have time.

Edit:
As said I did - tested a few builds trying to find the very first ones that could even run Macross games even with other glitches like 0.7.5 and those early before it and all of the builds that even ran the game still had this transformation/melee glitch.

Make note not all VF has this glitch, for example none of the Ace Frontier starting freeplay VF is glitched, it's easier to test with Ultimate/Triangle Frontier as it had more VF available in freeplay from the start(which is better to test in builds with broken save than campaign mode), for example VF-1D on which this glitch is affecting both melee and transformation to fighter. So maybe you just started playing it more when it got less glitched. Either that or it was working on some random builds that had something which got reverted later, but if that's the case, it'll be really hard to find it now:|.
~ Unfortunately don't have BRD.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-17-2014, 04:12 PM
@LunaMoo - I think I found something funny to know: I was making some tests with gundam assault survive (same engine of macross and RBD series, obviously same developer as well) and I found out that, when using the gundam exia's meele attack, the animation of the sword shows the same graphical glitch as the VF transformations from macross games.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts