Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Current Git version doesn't build
01-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Current Git version doesn't build
So I cloned the repo install all the dependencies for Qt4 and follow the instructions on the wiki

cd ppsspp/Qt
qmake-qt4
make

I get an error that the glew libraries aren't in the native folder. Sure enough the current revision of the source clone has an empty native folder. I try downloading the native folder of yesterday's build and I get more errors. So from the beginning, can someone walk me throught the compilation? I am not terribly familiar with git or the project.

For reference I am using Debian wheezy x64.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2014, 05:02 AM
RE: Current Git version doesn't build
You forgot to run git submodule update --init (which is not surprising and everyone does, but it should be in the wiki, if it isn't let me know where.)

In general, I recommend cloning git repos with --recursive. I'm not really sure why it's not the default. This alias is not a horrible idea:

git config --global alias.clone = 'clone --recursive'

This will make it run git submodule update --init --recursive for you after cloning.

-[Unknown]
01-23-2014, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 06:45 PM by CptMonkeyFist.)
Well it wasn't so much that I forgot as I didn't know to do it due to my unfamiliarity with git/PPSSPP. It is on the wiki page, but I blew past it because I am used to just "git clone" then going to the "Build for (My device)" section on the wiki. I didn't even see the note at the beginning.

I would recommend changing the download section for Linux on the main site to reflect how to properly git clone this project. It seems to me that just saying "Get the source from the github page" is a bit lacking to newcomers who aren't terribly familiar with git.

Edit: Just finished compiling. Great work. Since I am one of the few fools who bought an OUYA and still hold out hope for it, I really look forward to an official OUYA release Smile.
01-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Unless you're limited on bandwidth, you almost always want to do a recursive clone / submodule update for any project. PPSSPP isn't the only thing using git submodules, but many people avoid them because of the extra hassle (they do have extra benefits, though.)

I think that it does run already on Ouya and have control mapping, but as I understand there are still some bugs.

-[Unknown]