Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP Input Lag
04-18-2016, 12:44 PM
PPSSPP Input Lag
I've noticed that for me there is about 0.25 sec input lag. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm a fan of Street Fighter, and 0.25sec is enough to screw up a lot of combos, etc. which require perfect timing.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: PPSSPP Input Lag
What type of system are you using: Android or PC?
Android device/PC stats:
What type of controller are you using: wired or wireless?
Model of controller:

Any other relevant info would help like your ppsspp settings.
04-30-2016, 11:42 AM
Playing on PC, using an arcade stick. I play all other versions of Street Fighter on Fightcade and there is no lag at all.

My PC stats are:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz.
8.00GB

PPSSPP settings are:
Backend: OpenGL
Mode: Buffered rendering
Simulate block transfer effects
No frameskipping
Rendering resolution 1:1
Mipmapping
Hardware transform
Software skinning
Vertex cache
Upscale level = off
Upscale type = xBRZ
Anisotropic filtering 16x
Texture filtering Auto
Screen scaling filter Linear

Any ideas anyone?
04-30-2016, 01:53 PM
We have an option in system settings called "Force real clock sync" which can help with such problems that some people experiencing on certain systems(althrough making emulation heavier), however in general PSP should never be compared to arcade games with their input and you might not actually suffer from anything above what you would on real PSP already.

If you ment "Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX" then this review would confirm that this game was particulary bad when it comes to input delay on real hardware, so yeah nothing you can do about it.
Quite likely it's not even a real port, capcom is pretty known to emulate their old games with some extra stretching options and additional content, but their emulation is rather poor/lazy in compare to open source fan made emulators.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately it seems that ppsspp is at least carrying over some of the input lag from the real game on the real psp, though .25 sec does seem a little high. I just did some testing on a psp 1k series, a psp 2k series and a psp go and all had some input lag in street fighter alpha 3 max. Though I have been out of playing fighting games daily long enough to not be able to give a great estimate of how much input lag there is.

You could try changing your backend and even dropping the buffered rendering (assuming that does not completely break the game) and see if either of those 2 are contributing to increased input lag.