Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Best way to Experience Co-op
05-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Smile Phantasy Star Portable 2 Best way to Experience Co-op
Hey there ^^

Me and my brother wanna start playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 together, but before we do, I wanna know a few details about its Co-op.

Does playing through Story mode unlock more missions for Multiplayer Mode?
If it did, and I were to play Story mode on my own and be the host for Multiplayer, the unlocked missions would be available to both of us... but our levels would be wayy off sync. So that would take all the fun out of Co-op :/

Both of us playing through the story and then Co-oping using those characters isn't an option; PSP2 is on a single PC and we don't have much time together; I'd rather not waste that time on playing Story mode at the same time.

TL;DR
, is PSP2 playable/fully enjoyable in Co-op without playing Story mode?

I didn't know where else to ask this; this is the best community I know that would know about this Big Grin

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2 Best way to Experience Co-op
So Story mode does unlock more multiplayer missions. You can power level the lower level character by just doing a few multiplayer missions that are low level for the higher level plyer but missions the lower level one could not complete on his own to gain exp faster. But no most of Co-op is locked behind clearing at least a decent portion of the story mode.
05-11-2016, 09:21 AM
(05-10-2016 11:16 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  So Story mode does unlock more multiplayer missions. You can power level the lower level character by just doing a few multiplayer missions that are low level for the higher level plyer but missions the lower level one could not complete on his own to gain exp faster. But no most of Co-op is locked behind clearing at least a decent portion of the story mode.

Hmm, too bad... this'll make things a lot less straight forward... Undecided

If only there were some way to reduce your character's level. It's gonna be pretty one-sided this way; Right now I'm at level 10 and completed up to Universe 3, and my brother hasn't even made his character yet...

Oh... maybe... Is there any Cheat code or something that I could use to stop myself from gaining EXP?

Also, one last thing... I like the idea of Challenge mode, because your level gets set to 1. That makes things perfect. But, can more challenges only be unlocked by playing Story mode, or are they unlockable on Multiplayer?

Thanks a lot for your help Big Grin
05-11-2016, 12:45 PM
So the actual areas (see different planets and ect) you can go to are unlocked by story progression as well as some of the open missions. The rest of the multiplayer content is unlocked by completing multiplayer missions.

Btw lvl 10 is no where near one sided in this game and you woukd need many many times moee levels and grinding open missions to even think of completing the story mode.
05-11-2016, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2016 05:22 PM by MNOPYZ.)
(05-11-2016 12:45 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  So the actual areas (see different planets and ect) you can go to are unlocked by story progression as well as some of the open missions. The rest of the multiplayer content is unlocked by completing multiplayer missions.

Btw lvl 10 is no where near one sided in this game and you woukd need many many times moee levels and grinding open missions to even think of completing the story mode.

Oh, by one sided I meant that I would be overpowered compared to my brother, considering the level difference between us. I'd be killing things easily while he'd just be struggling.

Also, I found a cheat code that unlocks all missions. This might be the solution to my problem Smile

(07-05-2015 03:46 PM)iKlNG Wrote:  Here is a code for Phantasy Star Portable 2 that work on the latest build

_C0 All Missions Unlocked
_L 0x200083AC 0x24020002

If a really big part of Multiplayer is locked without going through the story, and going through the story knocks our levels out of sync, I think using this code is my best option.

I'll see how this goes. Thanks a lot for all your help! Big Grin

EDIT: The code works perfectly! Glad that I can play the game from the start on only Multiplayer ^^