Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
10-30-2014, 07:15 AM
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
(10-29-2014 02:44 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  
(10-29-2014 02:26 PM)Haseeb Wrote:  @fivefeet8 , how can you say they completely decline to work on it?
Go visit the official dolphin download page , you'll find new versions for x64.
And I already told you that , it hugely depends on console , dolphin and pcsx2 emulates complex consoles , PPSSPP emulator is a great emulator but always remember that PSP is a lot more simple console than PS2 when it comes to coding , coding of an emulator might be complex , but if it can be simpler , then where's the emulator?
I'm not saying its extremely efficient , I'm just trying to say that PCSX2 is the most efficient PS2 emulator yet , if some other one is better , don't forget to inform me please.

They provide compiled binaries, but if you check the PCSX2 github, the dolphin emulator authors haven't really done much with the code if any. PCSX2 is efficient if you only want to play games on it. For porting to other platforms, it's arguable at best.

I'm not saying which emulator is better or not. I'm saying that for porting purposes, using PCSX2 as the codebase is not necessarily the best option because of the various issues that's already been brought up. Just because the emulator runs "efficiently" as you say on x86/x64, doesn't make it the most efficient to port. If you can't understand how badly documented hacky code makes the codebase of any software hard to port, then I can't really help you there.

Forgive me my lord -_____-

The Signature!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android???? - Haseeb - 10-30-2014 07:15 AM