Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
10-29-2014, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2014 07:44 AM by Haseeb.)
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
@fivefeet8 , technically "Complex emulator" isn't the case. An emulator is a software , there are common languages such as C# , C++ , Java etc to write them , I'm learning C#.
PCSX2's code is huge mess now for a reason , you won't find as huge codes for a NES or Sega Genesis emulator. Dolphin and PCSX2 emulates a lot more complex console (gamecube,wii and ps2) ,
The logic is , 2=2 4=4 8=8 ... More complex the console , more will be the codes.
An emulator uses the console source CODES to open the complex files and PLUGINS to use and run them.
Definitely PCSX2 is the simplest PS2 emulator right now , that's the real reason its the most stable and used PS2 emulator.
Try to look over the internet , there are a few other attempts to make PS2 emulators , why they aren't successful? Cause' they aren't as efficient as PCSX2 , they aren't as fast. PCSX2 is the simplest PS2 emulator + most developed ps2 emulator yet.
If its still complex then believe me , making an emulator from scratch would just be like to build up a new PCSX2 , so porting is the best option.
PSX2 runs on both x86 and x64 platforms , I don't think android can't handle it.

The Signature!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android???? - Haseeb - 10-29-2014 07:37 AM