Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
09-22-2014, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 01:36 PM by fivefeet8.)
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android????
(03-23-2013 01:30 PM)Dwightyone Wrote:  I have to admit I don't know much about TV out on mobile phones. I've always assumed that most phones that do it have a dedicated TV out port, or a USB to TV USB connection of somesorts, or some sort of adaptor to run movies or play games from a mobile phone. Maybe I'm wrong. Sad

TV Out wouldn't do any favors for PS2 emulation on Mobile devices much. Most Android devices with TV out uses MHL2.0(current spec) which requires a USB to HDMI MHL2.0 adapter. But this has issues of it's own. It drains power from the device fast, performance is severly lacking with anything 3d, and only mirror mode is supported. I've tried it with my Note3 before with watching movies, it's fine, but try playing any Android native games like Dead Trigger 2, and it's struggles to keep playable framerates on a 1080p TV. Now on a 720p TV, it runs a bit better, but not always. The only device that I've seen with proper TV out is the Shield Tablet with it's console mode. And it has the performance to handle it.

PS2 emulation on mobile still has a long way to go for both hardware and software. PCSX2 in it's current form is not a viable emulator for porting to Mobile. There are tons of hacks to get things to run decent on Desktop systems. Someone would need to rewrite much of it or write a whole new emulator. Both of which will take many years to do by a dedicated team.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to port ps2 emulator to idevices and android???? - fivefeet8 - 09-22-2014 01:35 PM