Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shield tv help
04-04-2016, 12:54 AM
Shield tv help
Hi there, got my nvidia shield yesterday and have had terrible luck getting any emulaters to work, I know the device is more than capable as previous to the purchase I was running this on the Amazon fire tv 2014 edition.

So I'm thinking that it's a setting im using, or not using or its a issue with marshmallow. Can anyone please direct me to an up to date settings list for the shield tv or if you have a good working set up, I would be very grateful if you could share it.
I currently only have Tekken 6 and while the charactr models look okay, (not as good as the YouTube video I saw) the flooring is not there on most maps.
Any advise would be helpful. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: Shield tv help
I had the same problem on my Shield TV as well. Go back to version 1.1.1 and everything works fine. Something changed after 1.1.1 that causes graphics issues on the Shield TV.
04-07-2016, 12:29 AM
Currently they are working on a new rendering backend so ppsspp can use vulkan. Eventually this should hopefully show some performance gains, but for right now there will probably be some issues that pop up here and there.
04-07-2016, 01:17 AM
Nice one thanks for the replys, I figured as much as Dolphin was exactly the same. Seems allot of the newest versions of emulaters don't play nice with the shield l. Cheers guys.
04-07-2016, 01:28 PM
A lot of the newest versions of highend emulators (not psx or older systems) are starting to look at vulkan as a way to gain some performance and maybe even some accuracy at the same time. Just keep in mind most of these new features are going to take a little while to work out all the bugs.