Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
08-18-2013, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2013 02:24 PM by Tabman.)
RE: Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
Under windows (and maybe other builds) there is one tiny little, completely inconsequential glitch which annoys me nonetheless.

Some sprites, I think they count as textures, don't receive the correct texture scaling; xBRZ in this screenshot.

In this screenshot it's only the green creature to the left. (It's a boy by the way; dangerous nudity successfully avoided!)
The wrong scaling happens every time the affected sprites are displayed (as far as I can tell).

Otherwise, the game is completely playable, including sound/music/movies/DLCs, under PPSSPP win7 x64 0.8.1 - 1368.

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2013, 12:00 PM
I can't wait to start playing this series! How would you guys compare it to Fire Emblem Awakening? Easier? Harder?
Find all posts by this user
08-18-2013, 02:20 PM
(08-18-2013 12:00 PM)isamu Wrote:  How would you guys compare it to Fire Emblem Awakening? Easier? Harder?

Short answer: yes and no and maybe.

Long answer, it depends.
If you just play the story line battles without any extra leveling and without the help of any min/max guide, it can be quite difficult at times.

But after the first play-through and with a few visits to the item world, none of the story battles pose any threat to your units.
Of course if you visit some of the optional maps,like the cave of ordeals or the dark world maps, some battles are impossible without extra leveling.

In the end it really depends on what you want.

And as a bonus, a short game-play video clip Smile

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
08-19-2013, 02:58 PM
thanks Smile
08-24-2013, 05:11 PM
(08-12-2013 09:14 AM)dpaullaoag Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 08:41 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 08:16 AM)dpaullaoag Wrote:  how did you get the dlc to work? I've been slaving for hours just to get mine to work..

You need to put the dlc in the correct folder, some games need the dlc folder to be put under memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA, while other need to be put on memstick/PSP/GAME. If I'm not wrong disgaea 2 dlc need to be put on the latter folder.

thank you for the quick reply. I'll be sure to do that. I'll let you know what the outcome is. Big Grin

Wow, so that's what I've been doing wrong. It's working now. Thank you so much!

what is latter folder?
08-24-2013, 08:03 PM
memstick/PSP/GAME.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-25-2013, 02:52 AM
(08-24-2013 08:03 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  memstick/PSP/GAME.

ppsspp>memstick>PSP>savedata?
or
ppsspp>memstick>PSP>savedata>ULES01392DISGAEA000?

sorry im a noob in ppsspp I need help
08-25-2013, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 08:27 AM by Gurlok.)
...I said ppsspp/memstick/PSP/GAME, not ppsspp/memstick/PSP/savedata. Basically you have to put the ULUS10461 folder (assuming yours is the US dlc) into that folder.

08-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Also you will likely have to make a new folder named game in which to put the DLC as I do not believe ppsspp makes one itself.
08-26-2013, 03:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 03:52 AM by mrPami.)
(08-25-2013 04:02 PM)mr.chya Wrote:  Also you will likely have to make a new folder named game in which to put the DLC as I do not believe ppsspp makes one itself.

thank you sir I've been wondering why i don't have that folder.

(08-25-2013 08:26 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  ...I said ppsspp/memstick/PSP/GAME, not ppsspp/memstick/PSP/savedata. Basically you have to put the ULUS10461 folder (assuming yours is the US dlc) into that folder.

so I have to create the folder GAME? and then put the files there?ty
08-26-2013, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 06:07 AM by mr.chya.)
Yeah that's what you need to do for the DLC to work, to be specific it would be ppsspp>memstick>PSP>GAME which would place it in the same folder as the savedata folder. On the subject of DLC for this game, did NIS ever fix the DLC for the US version? Last I heard they pulled most if not all of it from PSN because of bugs and never bothered to fix it.
08-26-2013, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 08:00 AM by Gurlok.)
(08-26-2013 06:06 AM)mr.chya Wrote:  On the subject of DLC for this game, did NIS ever fix the DLC for the US version? Last I heard they pulled most if not all of it from PSN because of bugs and never bothered to fix it.

Are you talking about the bug which pops up the first time you play the game? I remember that could be easly fixed by downloading the first free dlc.

08-26-2013, 07:01 PM
I mean the bug where the stats for all but the two free characters were messed up and they made random noises when you used them. I'm asking because I saw a lot of people complained about it on gamefaqs and about how NIS just pulled the content untill they fixed it but no one ever mentioned if it had actually bean fixed.
08-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know about it.

08-26-2013, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 07:52 PM by Tabman.)
The currently available DLC are bug free.
Though I think the EUR/US version is missing two or three character from the JPN version.

Edit:
And I just noted the new "Perfectly playable" forum.
I think Disgaea 2 belongs in there. I am now on the fourth play-through and I haven't had any problems for a long time.
Anybody disagree?