Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Save Crashing.
03-20-2016, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 10:57 AM by Harrison.)
RE: Save Crashing.
It has a random percentage chance of crashing. I've yet to see any sort of rhyme or reason for it. It never crashes when loading a save interestingly, only when I go to save, and not while it's writing a save either as far as I can tell. If I can actually select save, it writes the save perfectly fine and always loads back without any issue.

To be more precise, it'll randomly crash with the save window open. It can be the instant that I select save in a game and the window opens or after a few seconds of it being open without any further input from me. It's not a space issue since I'm playing from/saving to/storing my isos on a removable drive that has close to 800GB of storage space left on it. Although, it could be worth trying to load PPSSPP from and write saves to my main drive which also has plenty of space. I'll have to give that a go. I've been using a portable drive for well...portability and convenience's sake.

Games that have an auto save don't crash from what I can tell although I've only played one so far, or so I think anyway. I'll list a few examples to try and give more information.

Dissidia 012 - Has never crashed. Has an auto save feature.
Tactics Ogre - Can crash after a battle when I go to save.
Star Ocean: First Departure - Can crash anytime that I go to save but it's had seemingly long stretches where it didn't crash.

It's not a huge deal since my save states seem to work perfectly fine and never crash. In the scheme of things, since I can at least do that it's not a major problem and if I actually need a hard save for whatever reason, I can save state before trying. More than anything I'm just curious as to what's causing it. Beyond this one quirk, I absolutely adore this emulator. I've never seen one with such polish or quality before.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Save Crashing. - Harrison - 03-19-2016, 05:18 PM
RE: Save Crashing. - [Unknown] - 03-20-2016, 05:57 AM
RE: Save Crashing. - Harrison - 03-20-2016 10:55 AM
RE: Save Crashing. - [Unknown] - 03-21-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: Save Crashing. - Harrison - 03-21-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Save Crashing. - [Unknown] - 03-21-2016, 11:46 PM