Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Save confusion
02-17-2016, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2016 08:25 PM by Smashgunner.)
Save confusion
Ok I'm having a bit of confusion (and trouble) with my saves. I have 2 games. Final fantasy 4 the complete collection and Maverick Hunter X. Maverick hunter X's saves and save states work fine! It's final fantasy that doesn't work. It shows that i can't save normally on it. And my save states work......for a couple of hours. after 2-3 hours my save states crash and I lose 5-6 hours of progress. (this only happens when The emulator is closed) Does anyone know how to help? (Note: I have not reinstalled it)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2016, 05:45 AM
RE: Save confusion
Are you sure you have plenty of free space?

-[Unknown]
02-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Yea i have over 400 GB
02-21-2016, 06:50 PM
Oh, this is on a desktop, then, I take it?

"It shows that I can't save normally in it" - what does this mean?

And when you say your save state crashes, do you mean that it crashes when saving? Or when loading? Or that it just crashes when you close?

Are you using PPSSPP v1.2.1 or the latest git build?

-[Unknown]
02-26-2016, 12:22 AM
(02-21-2016 06:50 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Oh, this is on a desktop, then, I take it?

And when you say your save state crashes, do you mean that it crashes when saving? Or when loading? Or that it just crashes when you close?

-[Unknown]

v 1.1.1 yes this is on a desktop.

when i said i can't save normally. i meant not save states but actually saving at a save point and such. when my state crashes it is just totally deleted it disappears completely. no it does not crash when i close as i tried that after my 5th try
02-26-2016, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 01:09 AM by ZeroX4.)
(02-26-2016 12:22 AM)Smashgunner Wrote:  
(02-21-2016 06:50 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Oh, this is on a desktop, then, I take it?

-[Unknown]

v 1.1.1 yes this is on a desktop.

when i said i can't save normally. i meant not save states but actually saving at a save point and such. when my state crashes it is just totally deleted it disappears completely. no it does not crash when i close as i tried that after my 5th try

i had same problem with phantasy star portable my solution was to check what is the game ID (u see it when u load the game on top of ppsspp window right next to game name or before it whatever)

next i go to PPSSPP\memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA and deleted the folder with name of that game ID that was on top of the window and then try to save via in game save and for me it worked out so u can try it maybe it will help u also

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
02-26-2016, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 02:19 AM by Smashgunner.)
I didn't understand half of that but I got the important parts. Thanks.

Did not work. Save is still fucked up. Gonna give up on it and hope I can get a better version. Or try to remember to reinstall it. Thanks for your help.
02-26-2016, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 08:28 AM by ZeroX4.)
(02-26-2016 02:15 AM)Smashgunner Wrote:  I didn't understand half of that but I got the important parts. Thanks.

Did not work. Save is still fucked up. Gonna give up on it and hope I can get a better version. Or try to remember to reinstall it. Thanks for your help.

[Image: 2zJZBGf.png]

and as last resort u can try older or ppsspp versions or latest maybe there will be a difference

http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

check what is on bottom of this page

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
02-26-2016, 03:27 PM
Trust me I did what you told me to do. And I have tried earlier versions. I can always just download the pc versions of the games as well. But again thanks for your help.
02-28-2016, 01:05 AM
Make sure you're using a clean rip from your disc. There are hacks people apply that were designed to force games to run on lower versions of the original PSP's firmware (so people wouldn't have to upgrade firmware), and these can break saves in the most recent firmware (or in PPSSPP.)

-[Unknown]