Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP keeps crashing my graphics card
02-20-2016, 01:47 AM
PPSSPP keeps crashing my graphics card
Hello guys, I need some help here. The thing is, everytime I load an ISO my whole pc stops and then I get the lovely message telling you that the graphics card has stopped working.

I'm using a Radeon R7 240 graphics card. Supposedly it happens to all the AMD/Radeon graphics card, but I want to be sure that I don't do something stupid, so if you guys could help me I would really appreciate it.

Peace.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2016, 05:44 AM
RE: PPSSPP keeps crashing my graphics card
Most likely this is a driver issue. Have you tried installing the very latest drivers for your video card?

Also, if your video card settings have an option for Catalyst AI, disable it. This option has apparently caused countless crashes for AMD users, and not just with PPSSPP.

-[Unknown]
02-21-2016, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2016 07:26 AM by AxlBadguy.)
(02-21-2016 05:44 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Most likely this is a driver issue. Have you tried installing the very latest drivers for your video card?

Also, if your video card settings have an option for Catalyst AI, disable it. This option has apparently caused countless crashes for AMD users, and not just with PPSSPP.

-[Unknown]

Hello there, thanks for helping me out.

Yes, I do have the latest driver and my graphic card doesn't have a Catalyst AI option. But by that information I checked the graphic card settings and there were some options that were "Optimized AMD" or something like that, it results that when I disable them, PPSSPP doesn't crash anymore. So I guess those options were like an equal to the Catalyst AI problem.

Again, thanks for the help. Without that little clue I really doubt I would have fixed that.

Update: Well... at least it stopped crashing when I put it in DirectD9 (Or something like that), but when I open an ISO with OpenGL it crashes no matter what.
02-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Do you have Crimson CCC by any chance? Revert back to version before Crimson (15.200)

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
03-07-2016, 08:57 PM
familiar issue in radeon ATi graphic card I got this problem too
03-09-2016, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2016 03:42 AM by keldarr.)
same in certin parts of lets say the game starocean first departure the grafic card crashes when i get to the part when you go on the first patroll same spot every time and im not as advanced as most people on this site so have no clue how to stop this i tryed changing it to direct3d it works but things dissapear and som text is gon and on other games it makes it lag so bad that i cant play them like psp2 literal stop and go buffering on a 1 second tick
any help would be great most of the games i want to play i cant
card info i have a amd radeon hd 6450 direct3d version 7.14.10.0825 opengl version