Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
08-24-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Star Ocean: Second Evolution
(08-24-2013 12:19 PM)Sushiporo Wrote:  I still can't make make sprites visible on SO first departure if you have an idea to wich settings would fix it please tell me!

Uh, turn on buffered rendering?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Yes sure i turned on and off buffered rendering but bo matter what i try i can't get the sprites.. it works on my computer but not on my phone!
Is it working on your android devices?
09-02-2013, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 01:09 AM by DemiFiend.)
So far, playing a few hours in on my PC, the new version has been playing the game nearly flawlessly. Just downloaded the newest version, and I didn't even mess with the settings at all. The only problem I've encountered is similar to what some have experienced in Star Ocean: First Departure: enemies are sometimes too floaty in battle, and my own characters sometimes end up continuously floating upward. Is it just me? I'm using an AMD card, which I know First Departure isn't working well with.
09-03-2013, 02:19 AM
It happens for everyone afaik. If it doesn't happen for anyone, I'd really like to know. Also, if it doesn't happen in JPCSP, it'd help to know that maybe. I've so far been unsuccessful in tracking it down.

In Star Ocean 1, there's a certain attack and a certain enemy on which it seems to be pretty likely to happen. If you can find a place where it's likely in 2 (like every battle or every other, if possible), a savegame near there would probably help, at least to rule out things 2 does differently from 1 (there are a few things, but I want to compare the specific area.)

-[Unknown]
09-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Possibly finally found it. Once this is merged and you see it on the downloads page, would appreciate testing. I have not even tried Star Ocean 2 yet, but it may have fixed Star Ocean 1 (would appreciate more testing there too.)

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/3587

-[Unknown]
09-03-2013, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 09:10 AM by Tabman.)
Is it possible that this may also fix the floating people in Boku no natsu yasumi 2 (and to a lesser degree BNNY4)?
BNNY 2: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5559
BNNY 4: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5560

If yes, I could help test it since I don't own Star Ocean SE.

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2013, 09:54 AM
There wasn't really any given point where it'd be more likely to occur. It would mainly happen with enemies slowly floating down sometimes when I would get ambushed, where enemies would normally more quickly fall from the sky. Jumping enemies would sometimes fall more slowly, too.

For player characters, they'd start floating upward endlessly sometimes, either when they go to attack or use a killer move in certain positions, or when they die, their corpse would start rising. In either case, it was more likely if I got really close to enemies, especially if they were surrounding me.

I've had only a little time to test it tonight, but so far, there have been no floating issues, though they were somewhat uncommon for me in the first place. I seem to be too high level for enemies to ambush me, but I'll do some more testing of Second Evolution and First Departure soon, likely tomorrow, and report back.
09-03-2013, 01:43 PM
DemiFiend, thanks.

Tabman, unfortunately probably not, but I'd be happy if it did.

-[Unknown]
09-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Ended up starting a new file to check it out, and my results for this game are the same as FD:

My tests weren't extensive, but so far, it seems like the floating problem is gone. Got ambushed twice, and everything happened normally.
09-08-2013, 03:19 AM
After more extensive play, I'm happy to say I'm encountering almost no problems with the game anymore. The only issue is that sometimes text messes up for a second and then fixes itself, but it's the tiniest of nuisances.
09-10-2013, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2013 09:19 AM by asbel.)
if you got black some areas of it try open menu of star ocean second and close it it work there is no blackscreen just open the menu and close it before the cutsence.

i find an isssues even iphone and pc andriod is dont do fastforward it will crash the game on the custcene so he isint using atrac3 coding turn it off atrac 3 still have a music. i think is atrac3 sound plugin is stuffed. iphone version has music problems without headphones i put headphones it works perfect music on iphone 4s.
09-11-2013, 12:43 AM
anyone know what's the deal with the robotic voices at start-up? (garbled SQUARE ENIX)
09-11-2013, 02:59 AM
(09-11-2013 12:43 AM)daughter Wrote:  anyone know what's the deal with the robotic voices at start-up? (garbled SQUARE ENIX)

I assume it has something to do with very low FPS (?) at that point. Which is strange.
09-11-2013, 06:07 AM
(09-11-2013 02:59 AM)Razorback Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 12:43 AM)daughter Wrote:  anyone know what's the deal with the robotic voices at start-up? (garbled SQUARE ENIX)

I assume it has something to do with very low FPS (?) at that point. Which is strange.

The menu sound is all garbled too. The sound is all wacky pretty much until the first FMV, then from that point forward (in-game and everything) the sound is fine. I've only gotten as far as the first town, Arlia, though.
09-11-2013, 08:01 AM
(09-11-2013 06:07 AM)daughter Wrote:  The menu sound is all garbled too. The sound is all wacky pretty much until the first FMV, then from that point forward (in-game and everything) the sound is fine. I've only gotten as far as the first town, Arlia, though.
That's what I'm talking about; pretty much every voice/sound after that logo screen are normal.