Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying to set up multiplayer with roommate
02-17-2016, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2016 05:12 AM by AdamN.)
RE: Trying to set up multiplayer with roommate
(02-17-2016 02:48 AM)ultramarine4life Wrote:  I'll try that, thanks. This will probably sound extremely newbish, but is altering ports in any way (port offset, port forwarding, opening, whatever) required if the firewall is disabled/allows the programs through? I'm asking because my roommate is more tech literate than myself, and every time I've brought up ports in trying to fix this he's been adamant that disabling the firewall does everything port tweaking would do (or if turning it off altogether doesn't work, then messing with the ports wouldn't fix anything).

Now I'm not saying he can't be wrong (and I'm at least 30% certain he is) but he's sorta bullheaded, mainly on the idea that since I know nothing about computers I can't possibly be right. And I'm probably not. But he's more of a hobbyist, and not an expert on emulators. If he was, we wouldn't be having this problem to begin with. But I'm willing to bet the people on this forum collectively are, so if messing with the ports is REQUIRED even if the firewall is disabled/allows exceptions please say that in black and white terms just so I have a leg to stand on when explaining this to him. After all he's probably the only one of the two of us who can do stuff related to that.

EDIT:
Also we are using version 1.1.1, in case that helps. Forgot to mention that in the original post.

EDIT
Aand I'm stupid just realized port offset is a feature in the PPSSPP ver 1.2 We'll try that, sorry for idiocy there.

Privileged ports can only be used if the program have administrative rights, which is different than firewalled ports where you need to open/forward it Smile Privileged ports can also be blocked by firewall though

Btw, make sure all players have the same port offset value

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to set up multiplayer with roommate - AdamN - 02-17-2016 05:10 AM