RE: Star Ocean: First Departure
This explains that problem:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...5#pid96345

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 03:33 AM
(08-18-2015 09:11 AM)pery_soy Wrote:  Hi guys, I'm testing your emu in my pc with my favorite game, First departure, and i got invisible character. I put Rendering in OFF and now only can see character and chests when I move Roddick and when I stop invisible again. Could you help me?

My computer: W 8.1 x64,i7-2630qm, nvidia gt 540m. last version 1.0.1 (i tested 0.9.9 and the same).

Sorry for my english is not very strong.

Thanks for the job!

ED: SOLVED; reinstalled nvidia drivers and defaut setup

for me i change the render from OpenGL to Direct3D9 and the problem is solved, try to do the same and see if it work for you 2
01-01-2016, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 07:38 PM by vnctdj.)
(12-31-2015 11:32 AM)vork88 Wrote:  OK i notice this bug when i run over acc 2 for the main character the game crash's

is this normal i only used cheats for Fol and i never used cheats to get crazy stats

and the stats are always random now my stats are all minus

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Best settings to use with 64 bit Windows 10? PPSSPP version 1.1.1 Intel Core i7 4790k, Nvidia 970, 16 GBs RAM
01-17-2016, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2016 10:49 AM by [email protected].)
I'm having problem on my star ocean.. it always black out except the place where the message

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Are you using Non Buffered Rendering?

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
01-17-2016, 10:46 PM
Also, try switching backends (between Direct3D 9 and OpenGL.) This game requires buffered rendering to render properly. Various bad things can happen in what is now called "skip buffer effects" rendering (and used to be called "non-buffered rendering.")

-[Unknown]
01-24-2016, 02:35 AM
im using buffered rendering.. and i already tried switching back OpenGL to Direct3D9
02-23-2016, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 04:28 PM by keldarr.)
hello and im hoping someone can help me with this after char creation during the cutsceen as soon as you are about to go scouting my vid driver crashed and the entire ppsspp freases and has to be forced closed if there is a solution in the options please tell me how and what to try driving me crazy my psp moterboard melted so this is the only way i can play this game also just to make sure it was not a 1 time thing i re tryed over and over and it happens at the exact same spot every time

UPDATE it happens at any loading screen

figured out how to fix it for now Just changed the backend to the direct option
03-16-2016, 05:16 AM
Does this game AND Second Evolution run on the latest version? I'm new to PSP emulators, but am very familiar with epsxe. I have gotten The Second Story (Second Evolution), to run on epsxe somewhat smoothly, but i want to hear from folks who have got it running on the latest PPSSPP version and how well it runs to see if it is worth the trouble.

I am planning on buying another physical copy and a new PSP eventually on ebay, but i want to see if i can save myself some money by doing it this way if it runs well.
03-17-2016, 02:14 AM
Depends on your video card and device. I mean, it should run, but on some devices there are graphical glitches or performance issues.

If you're running on a mobile phone, you might need a high-end device to play this game smoothly.

If you're on a desktop, you may have problems with some older Intel cards. You don't need a powerhouse by any means, but something at least as new as an NVIDIA 9800 GT would be good.

So after you buy the game, you should definitely give it a try.

-[Unknown]
04-03-2016, 05:09 AM
Hi, is there a known bug that stops Jie from being present in the last room of the Revorse Tower? I've just gotten here and he's no where to be seen. I've been scratching my head for a while and can't come up with anything.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-11-2016, 03:07 AM
Was just wondering if SO: First Departure works well yet on PPSSPP. Last time I tried it was glitchy as all hell. I'm asking because I tried SO: Second Evolution and it instantly pixelated/froze the second Rena leaves the house on her story, so basically the very start. I had to downgrade to version v0.9.6.2 for it work.

If there is a working version or settings to make SO: First Departure run can anyone give me a heads up as to what they are and what version of the emulator it is, or a link showing whatever I need.

Thanks.
09-11-2016, 04:13 AM
What device are you using? Both games work fine, but especially PowerVR devices may have weird glitches on various games.

I recommend the default settings, generally, but if you have a weak device or specific preferences you might choose different ones.

People report it runs pretty well in recent git builds and also in v1.2.2:

http://report.ppsspp.org/game/ULUS10374_1.00

If you're on Windows and using AMD or Intel, it's possible Direct3D 9 might work better, but I recommend trying OpenGL first even so. Also, "Skip Buffer Effects" (sometimes called "non-buffered rendering") is a no-go. This game uses buffer effects very significantly.

-[Unknown]
09-16-2016, 12:23 AM
(09-11-2016 03:07 AM)Naditzu Wrote:  Was just wondering if SO: First Departure works well yet on PPSSPP. Last time I tried it was glitchy as all hell. I'm asking because I tried SO: Second Evolution and it instantly pixelated/froze the second Rena leaves the house on her story, so basically the very start. I had to downgrade to version v0.9.6.2 for it work.

If there is a working version or settings to make SO: First Departure run can anyone give me a heads up as to what they are and what version of the emulator it is, or a link showing whatever I need.

Thanks.

Both games are fully playable. I got halfway through FD until I stopped playing. I think there are others who posted here about beating the game.

For SE, I beat Rena's story mode on the normal difficulty. Pretty sure everything else is fine.