Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
Sword Art Online - Infinity Moment
08-02-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: Sword Art Online - Infinity Moment
(08-01-2013 06:50 PM)Kirito Wrote:  Hi everyone, this will be my first post on this forum, and I'm glad to be hereWink I've been using this emulator only for a few weeks now, but I am in no way new to emulation in general.

Anyway, I seem to have a graphical problem with the game. As you can see from the screenshots below, it looks like the game will randomly drop the high resolution, thereby making some elements very pixelated to look at, and I was wondering if there is something to be done about this. For the record, I usually run the game at 4x times the resolution. The first screenshot has no pixilation whereas in the second, Shinon is very pixelated around the edges.

For the record, I'm on Windows 7, using the 64bit version of PPSSPP v. 0.8.1. Haven't yet tried any other versions.

Hope someone can help or at least shed some light on this issue.

Hello and welcome to the forum Kirito, read the rules and enjoy your stay. As a form of advice I tell you to download the latest build from here (Look under "Automated PPSSPP Builds") since the official 0.8.1 is too outdated, also to fix your "issue" I suggest you to use the basic texture scaling xBRZ 2x (going from 3x onward looks too unnatural for my tastes).

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2013, 02:05 PM
(08-02-2013 01:04 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  Hello and welcome to the forum Kirito, read the rules and enjoy your stay. As a form of advice I tell you to download the latest build from here (Look under "Automated PPSSPP Builds") since the official 0.8.1 is too outdated, also to fix your "issue" I suggest you to use the basic texture scaling xBRZ 2x (going from 3x onward looks too unnatural for my tastes).

Thanks for the welcome, I already read the rulesTongue

I just figured that using the latest stable version would be a good start, but I guess its worth a shot trying the newest version out aswell.

I think i'll try your solution out first and lower the texture scaling. At the moment its on 4x since I thought 5x might be a little overkill, so ill try lowering it more.

Thanks againRolleyes
08-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Well, the stable version is too old, and most of the times the latest build provide better fixes which the stable version lack, so it would still be better sticking with builds Smile. Regarding your issue you can try the other texture filters too, my choice goes to xBRZ since is the one which appeal me the most.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Okay I finally had some time to test out the different texture scaling's aswell as some of the texture filters. I still need to test it a little more, but it seems that lowering the texture scaling, rather than fixing the issue, just makes it less visible because then everything is more pixelated. That wasn't really the answer I was looking for.

I'll try out a newer version in a bit to see if that helps. Who knows, maybe i'll also get a speed boost if I do. The game generally runs pretty well, but it would be nice to get just 5 more fps in those dungeons where it just won't go past 20fps.
08-08-2013, 07:47 AM
is this game fully english patched?
and where can i download it?
08-08-2013, 05:01 PM
(08-08-2013 07:47 AM)itox2003 Wrote:  is this game fully english patched?

Piracy isn't supported here.
08-08-2013, 07:33 PM
There is NO English Patch, the anime just got English Dub, Wait to see if will come an Official English Version, or Learn Japanese like me.
08-08-2013, 11:44 PM
(08-08-2013 05:01 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  

Maybe he mean english patch Big Grin
Google it then there english patch that translate menu etc...
not story yet*

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
08-09-2013, 06:07 AM
(08-08-2013 11:44 PM)Ritori Wrote:  
(08-08-2013 05:01 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  

Maybe he mean english patch Big Grin
Google it then there english patch that translate menu etc...
not story yet*

Ah, you might be right. I read it as him asking to download the game fully patched.
08-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Hey guys! I am new to PPSSPP and still trying to get a hang of this thing. Actually, I just downloaded the emulator last night. I have a problem with the game (shown in the picture attachment) when fighting in the beginning of the game. What's wrong? Is it my settings or something?
08-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Is this game a MMO type game or is it just how it looks? I am big on RPG's so if anyone who has played it can tell me it has a decent story and is not an MMO then I can add it to my RPG list of games needing playing.
08-13-2013, 08:57 PM
@Gurashieruro

I don't see any picture attachment:/ Did you forget to upload it?

@Phisix

Although, I've stopped playing atm, I'm currently on floor 81 and about to go floor 82. The game is NOT an MMO. It's definitively an RPG and I personally think it's a good game. I can't really tell you if the story is good though, since I don't understand most of the text in the game.
08-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Floors? Is it a dungeon crawler? Hoping there is a English patch or English versions at some point then.
08-14-2013, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 03:07 AM by Gurashieruro.)
(08-13-2013 08:57 PM)Kirito Wrote:  @Gurashieruro

I don't see any picture attachment:/ Did you forget to upload it?

Sorry about that man. Here it is.

[quote='Phisix' pid='41614' dateline='1376432152']
Floors? Is it a dungeon crawler? Hoping there is a English patch or English versions at some point then.

If it becomes popular in US then it will be an english version. Me and my buddy were flipping out at this game.
08-14-2013, 03:13 AM
the story of this game is a virtual mmorpg but its only rpg in psp, if you want to know the story watch the anime sword art online, it have only 25 episodes... this anime series is better than .hack series...