Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP options explained
03-04-2020, 11:21 PM
RE: PPSSPP options explained
Setting render res to auto aka your device resolution will set it to x4, if you can't see a difference on such a small screen, just go with x2 and it will be 4 times more efficient than x4.

Take note that x1 while might look less sharp will also be free of artifacts that happen with increased rendering res(since PSP games were NOT designed to run at higher res and this is kind of a hack) and in some games badly affected by those it might still be a nicer choice especially if the game is fully 2D and doesn't scale with rendering res at all.(but while using x1 I'd recommend also switching "Screen scaling filter" to nearest, otherwise it will blurr the image a lot by trying to stretch x1 to x4)

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2020, 02:44 AM
is 2x more power hungry and draining more than 1x resolution?

also im fresh install latest build from buildbot for android, options is better default or i better changing like vertex etc?

tia
04-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Well, 2x will require 4 times the "fill rate" resources 1x takes. It's exponential.

But, "fill rate" is only one resource. Like an RPG, your phone has various stats - this is just one of them. If you're being attacked with magic, maxing out your physical defense wouldn't help.

Default settings are designed to give you a good balance of things working properly but not cranking up quality to be slow. So any settings you change from the default will generally either make things higher quality, but slower... or make things buggier, but faster.

Most likely the difference between 1x and 2x will be small compared to say, turning off Simulate block transfer. But turning that off will cause bugs/things not to render/etc. in some areas.

-[Unknown]
05-24-2020, 01:05 AM
sorry forgot to post this in here , thanks for the reply my friends, my defaults is 2x and native res, btw cant play the shattered memories on good fps, on some scene beginning the game, my phone is 665 snapdragon. any advice to run this at good maybe some hacks?
08-07-2021, 10:42 PM
Now i know which setting to toil with and not
Thanks for this post
02-08-2022, 03:17 AM
What does "Reverb Volume" control?