Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speeding up the game(Tab key) issue
01-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Speeding up the game(Tab key) issue
Hey guys recently i updated my old PPSSPP v 0.9.1 to 0.9.9. and is now much more stable but the problem i am having is that when i press TAB button the game does not "speed up". I am not asking for ways on how to speed up the actual game. It's always at 100% FPS, i am just asking how to actually speed the game up to like 150-450% (depending on how demanding the game is) just to skip some boring cutscenes and stuff

I haven't found a single solution online as i am not even sure what kind of term is used to denote the action that i am talking about. Hopefully there are players who used previous version of the emulators who can help me with this "issue". Btw, i've tried many different options in settings and different hotkeys on my keyboard. Nothing seems to be working. Did this option just get removed entirely in 0.9.9. or what? Please let me know if you can. Thank you in advance))
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2016, 04:43 AM
RE: Speeding up the game(Tab key) issue
Check the control mapping. The key can be mapped to different buttons - maybe you did this by accident?

I personally rely on this feature heavily, and would be strongly against its removal. My productivity would plummet.

It is possible that something the game is doing is making it very slow. Maybe it's not speeding up because it can't? Does it not work anywhere, and in any game?

If it does work some places, but not there, you can probably get the old behavior by checking "disable slow buffer effects" and unchecking "simulate block transfer" in the settings. Both options relate to new features, which can often be slow, but make rendering a lot more correct in some places.

Lastly, why v0.9.9? That's pretty old. I would suggest you update to v1.1.1 or even the latest git build.

-[Unknown]
01-07-2016, 01:52 PM
RE: Speeding up the game(Tab key) issue
Oh yes thank you very much, I had no idea that kind of button would fall under control mapping. It's just that the version that i previously had automatically assigned this key to tab and alternate speed to `

As for my current version, i simply took it from coolrom, had no idea there was a newer one. It works really stable in all my games so i dont feel the need to upgrade anymore, i guess))