Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hopeless and horrible audio on Samsung Galaxy s5
12-31-2015, 09:49 PM
Hopeless and horrible audio on Samsung Galaxy s5
I recently installed PPSSPP on Windows. Works fine. Installed it on Android and graphics are great, but sound is awful!! The audio is almost always choppy. I read dozens of forums and kept adjusted settings. Nothing improves it. Is it just my device? I thought the Samsung Galaxy s5 was fairly powerful, but perhaps not.... ?? Besides changing settings in PPSSPP, is there anything else that can be done to address this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2016, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 08:05 PM by LG Fanatic.)
RE: Hopeless and horrible audio on Samsung Galaxy s5
(12-31-2015 09:49 PM)Eurofire Wrote:  I recently installed PPSSPP on Windows. Works fine. Installed it on Android and graphics are great, but sound is awful!! The audio is almost always choppy. I read dozens of forums and kept adjusted settings. Nothing improves it. Is it just my device? I thought the Samsung Galaxy s5 was fairly powerful, but perhaps not.... ?? Besides changing settings in PPSSPP, is there anything else that can be done to address this?

Have you tried auto frameskip along with trying different frameskipping speeds? How about the speed hacks? Which games were you trying to play? Some graphically intense psp games(like Gran Turismo) might still be slow even on higher end devices.
01-01-2016, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 05:44 PM by Eurofire.)
Yes I tried different Frame rates and speed hacks. You're right about certain games though. Out of 5 games, it's worse on three of them, including Gran Turismo as you mentioned. I guess the device just can't handle such games...
01-01-2016, 08:11 PM
I use the Kyocera Hydra Wave(has the Snapdragon 410 processor) with PPSSP and games like Megman Powered UP, and some rpgs like Y's Oath in Felgana work pretty well, even Tekken 5. Try to experiment with different games and see which ones work well for your device.
01-18-2016, 12:28 PM
The s5 has a few issues, sound was always one of them
01-20-2016, 05:14 PM
I had these problems too on my Snapdragon Note 4, the only way to fix audio stutter for me is setting CPU Govenor to Performance.
You must have ROOT for this and an compatible app like "SetCPU"