Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black-ish Screen on Android
12-30-2015, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2015 04:38 PM by LoneStarr.)
Black-ish Screen on Android
Hi there,

this is on all games I've tried on Android port 1.1.1
Standard settings

The game starts, the screen is black, but I can see changing colors and movement through the white lines of the virtual controller.
I tried to play around on settings, but nothing changed.
If i touch the back button (where I can see the save slots etc) I see a full picture of the game start screen (or save screen)
I think it's one or two settings I have to change to make it work but of course, not knowing what I'm doing doesn't help when trying to find the correct setting.
Any help appreciated
Thanks
ZTE Blade L3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
Quad Core Processor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2016, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 08:15 PM by LG Fanatic.)
RE: Black-ish Screen on Android
Have you tried the "Buffered Rendering" option in the graphic settings? Usually in my experience, non-buffered rendering can produce a black screen in some games.
01-06-2016, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 12:36 PM by hyknur.)
Hi. I also have the ZTE Blade L3 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and me is exactly the same D=, any solution?

Leave some images of the problem:

i.imgur.com/12ruIts.jpg

i.imgur.com/LcBt5Q1.jpg
01-06-2016, 07:34 PM
(01-06-2016 12:18 PM)hyknur Wrote:  Hi. I also have the ZTE Blade L3 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and me is exactly the same D=, any solution?

Leave some images of the problem:

i.imgur.com/12ruIts.jpg

i.imgur.com/LcBt5Q1.jpg

Funny enough I am getting similar problems on my new tablet, which has the dreaded PowerVR GPU.
01-06-2016, 09:03 PM
You guys might be on to something. I'm having a black screen issue with one of my games(Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky) too. It worked great on my other phones which had qualcomm chips and adreno gpus. My new phone(ZTE Obsidian) gets a black screen after starting a new game. I'm thinking its gpu related as my phone has a MediaTek MT6732M processor that comes with the Mali T720MP2 gpu. Mali and PowerVR gpus seem to have some trouble with certain games in PPSSPP.