Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adreno 220
03-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Adreno 220
Hey , i've been following this project since it starts ! and guys u've done an awesome work ! just in the future release please work a bit on the fluidity with the adreno processor cause it still a bit slower on adreno than on other precessors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Adreno 220
not as slow as power vr... its like a snail compared to adreno ahah
03-19-2013, 01:00 PM
I never had a problem with Adreno 220. It's NEVER the bottlenecking factor. Either native resolution or 2x I get the same FPS. It's just that chipsets that get accompanied with Adreno 220 are most of the times underclocked or a bit weak which is the worst thing that could happen to PPSSPP.
03-19-2013, 01:29 PM
this is a noob a question but , can i improve my phone performance, i'm on root and i have a htc sensation
03-19-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 01:34 PM by stodag.)
you could install a custom rom and overclock.... installing a custom rom leaves it bare bones/no bloatware so more ram Smile overclocking your cpu gets the most out of your cpu faster than stock. gl tutorials are online.. but do it of your own backSmile

Imo stock roms are better less probs but i would recommend overclocking to improve performance..
03-19-2013, 01:37 PM
One small adition. It's not the ROM that gives you the ability to overclock, it's the Kernel. If the Kernel doesn't give you the ability to do so the ROM can do nothing about it. So that means you can flash a kernel on stock ROM that enables you to overclock it without the need to change the ROM. Now, there aren't alot of Kernels that work with Stock ROMs but there is always atleast one in HTC Sense based devices I've seen so far.
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
@virgin klm: thx i forgot to put that.
03-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Sad i'm on custom rom CM 10.1 , but i don't know nothing about kernel !! i'm gonna try read some topics about that. thanks
03-19-2013, 01:41 PM
although i have installed a few custom roms with an overclock kernal attachedSmile the devs choose not to attach to most due to users choice.
03-19-2013, 01:45 PM
(03-19-2013 01:41 PM)stodag Wrote:  although i have installed a few custom roms with an overclock kernal attachedSmile the devs choose not to attach to most due to users choice.
i love the CM 10.1 rom , i'll see if i can find a kernel . ok i have to read about that whole process before lol
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 02:02 PM by stodag.)
difficulty varies, I have a i9003 galaxy scl and theres a few jelly bean roms with an oc kernal attached... although on my phone its a catch 22 anyway because the only way to install clockwork mod is to install a kernal anyway so in theory u are correctSmile @ alextunisian: try youtube is your best bet, nothin like a vid tutorial for more info xda developers.com then type your model number in, there should be loads of tutorials..

yep no need for a custom rom as virgin klm said but seeing your on one it doesnt matter just look for an oc kernal m8..

once youv done that, you need an app to overclock i suggest set cpuSmile

edit: sry i thought you said you where on Cm 10.1 lol my bad.
03-19-2013, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 02:31 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
I'm pretty possitive that in order to install CM 10.1 on that device you need to flash a costum kernel. Check which kernel it is and what features it has. Normaly speaking, in CM based ROMs, there is a native overclocking setting in Settings-> CM Settings, You can change the governor and the MIN/MAX frequency caps. Try to not overdo it, if you're not sure what you're doing then don't do it. Wrong use of those settings could mean entering a sleep of death on your device or frying it. Read people's reports before doing anything. What also proved to be useful is checking devices with exactly the same chipset and which one of them has the highest stock clock. For example i have HTC EVO 3D whoch has exactly the same chipset with HTC One S. Even though their internals are exactly the same HTC One S is stock clocked on a higher frequency than HTC EVO 3D, which means that if you change the clock of your EVO 3D to One S's stock clock it's safe to assume that you are 100% safe since HTC wouldn't do anything stupid and that more or less proves that your device was underclocked by default for stupid reasons. One small thing also that I forgot to say is that, AOKP/AOSP roms tend to be 10%+ faster than Sense based roms. If you have a device like HTC Sensation which Sense is not really a vital part for the device (like it is for HTC EVO 3D, because without sense 3D doesn't work) don't even think of it a second time to use an as bugfree as possible AOKP/AOSP ROM instead of a Sense ROM. Also HTC Sensation has 4.2.2 AOSP/AOKP ROMs which is the best thing that can happen to it currently.
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
(03-19-2013 02:14 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  I'm pretty possitive that in order to install CM 10.1 on that device you need to flash a costum kernel. Check which kernel it is and what features it has. Normaly speaking, in CM based ROMs, there is a native overclocking setting in Settings-> CM Settings, You can change the governor and the MIN/MAX frequency caps. Try to not overdo it, if you're not sure what you're doing then don't do it. Wrong use of those settings could mean entering a sleep of death on your device or frying it. Read people's reports before doing anything. What also proved to be useful is checking devices with exactly the same chipset and which one of them has the highest stock clock. For example i have HTC EVO 3D whoch has exactly the same chipset with HTC One S. Even though their internals are exactly the same HTC One S is stock clocked on a higher frequency than HTC EVO 3D, which means that if you change the clock of your EVO 3D to One S's stock clock it's safe to assume that you are 100% safe since HTC wouldn't do anything stupid and that more or less proves that your device was underclocked by default for stupid reasons.

there no such setting on the rom i'm using (4.2.2) 10.1 CM :/
03-19-2013, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 02:53 PM by stodag.)
yep.. companies tend to underclock to save battery life well ermm give is bigger batteries..Smile

also if you got clockwork mod installed, keep a custom rom on your sd card incase u brick it. Thats one means of recovery also if you have a pc use something like samsung kies or whatever htc uses. Remember a bricked phone can be fixed just need to reflash.. better being equiped first before you start.
03-20-2013, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 07:01 AM by slawomir.)
Hi , VIRGIN KLM and stodag can be set this with google play applications, such as: enhancement pro Faux123 Kernel or Kernel Manager Pro?