Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Having a bit of trouble with save states
11-27-2015, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 04:48 PM by vnctdj.)
Having a bit of trouble with save states
Yes.. before you go all out and go SEARCH THE FORUMS... Know that I did, and could not find anything that helped me.
Now Let me start from the beginning

I am doing a playthrough of Patapon. Anyone here who has Played Patapon on the Mobile version of PPSSPP knows that there is a game breaking bug in one of the levels near the middle. In order to get around this I transferred my save state to my PC and ran it through the PC version of PPSSPP. Worked fine, beat the level, now onto bigger horizons.
I now want to transfer that save back onto my android. However for the life of me I cannot figure out how. I have saved states through the PC version yet when I try to open them in windows explorer they arent there. It is very weird. It is like the only program that can see them is PPSSPP. you can probably imagine how this would make it hard to transfer files to my android since I need to use windows explorer to do so. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: Having a bit of trouble with save states
It will normally be in memstick/PSP/PPSSPP_STATE/. If it's not there, you may have put PPSSPP into program files or something. In that case, it will be under My Documents.

I was not aware of this bug. This is even with the latest git build? What device?

-[Unknown]
11-27-2015, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2015 01:30 AM by Blackstarr580.)
I am playing on Android version 2.1.3. The bug happens in the level Legendary Night Sky. when you start the level it will auto fail. It wont even allow you to press any buttons. Just loads and fails.

Edit: I just looked in both of the locations and nothing is there. If I load it through PPSSPP there is a \PPSSPP\ppsspp\memstick but if I load it through regular files memstick doesnt exist
12-01-2015, 06:04 AM
RE: Patapon 1
(11-27-2015 04:52 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Merged.

Why was this merged? I am having trouble with PPSSPP Save states in general. I only mentioned Patapon in passing. My real problem is I cant figure out how to transfer my save file back to my phone.... what does that have to do with patapon?
12-01-2015, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 04:49 PM by vnctdj.)
Oops, moved back to an independent thread Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
12-05-2015, 06:43 PM
So, modern versions of Windows have a "VirtualStore" file mapping that can trigger in certain cases where files are write protected.

http://portableapps.com/node/35519

You can look in there, maybe they somehow ended up there.

-[Unknown]