Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change PSP types?
03-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Change PSP types?
Is there anyway to force games to think ppsspp is a psp 3000? I know this is a very low priority but I thought there wouldn't be any harm in asking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: Change PSP types?
Probably yes. There are some syscalls and memory allocation differences AFAIK. Do you know any games this would affect?

Although, I'm not sure if there's a way for 2000 vs 3000, there should be a way to say 1000 or not.

-[Unknown]
03-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Oh I'm trying out Final Fantasy type 0 and every now and then I get a message saying it can't use the multiplayer mode since I'm running a psp 1000.
03-18-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm wondering if set to SLIM would be better or not , i may add a option for it though (MODEL_PSP_FAT or MODEL_PSP_SLIM)

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/1027

[raven02]
03-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah it's absolutely possible, but as I said in the github comments, we shouldn't pretend to be SLIM unless we also add the extra RAM.

As there is no multiplayer supported yet anyway, not being SLIM shouldn't be a problem for FFT0.
03-18-2013, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 10:19 PM by nightmesh.)
There are some items you can only get from playing in mulitplayer mode. You can play any mission without actual players.

Edit: I think it seems to get stuck in the process of making an ad hoc connection. Thanks for helping out so fast though. Trying to word this right without sounding to forceful or aggressive. Don't work on this anymore unless you want too. There are more important things then getting one part of the game that only effects a little bit of it. Hoping that didn't sound rude.
03-19-2013, 08:00 AM
In android pls make it possible to choose slim or phat