Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RANT: Disappointment with Apple
11-22-2015, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2015 07:12 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
RE: RANT: Disappointment with Apple
Sorry to say that but Apple's policy of closed ecosystems, planned obsolence, discouragement for hobyists and independed developers and all things you complain about are a thing that goes on since the conception of Apple as a company. The wrong is not that Apple doesn't listen to what people want, is that people who already know that they will experience these kind of issues and they know how this company works, still go ahead and buy their products rewarding them and "telling" them that it's ok. No offence, but you got what you deserve.

I'll make a list one by one addressing your issues.

(11-21-2015 08:39 AM)milkydude12 Wrote:  Iphone 6+ on ios 8.1.1 (Jailbroken)

Apple gives no support for Jailbroken devices, they'd do anything infact to wipe from the planet jaibreaking methods.

(11-21-2015 08:39 AM)milkydude12 Wrote:  I was thinking of buying an apple watch, however after some research not only does the Apple Watch not work with ios 8.1.1 but it also does not work with anything NOT apple.

1. Apple never supports obsolete software, the moment a new version of software comes out the last one is obsolete.
2. Apple NEVER allows basic parts of their ecosystem to interact with competitors. They may be forced to do it one day, after a long time but the functionality won't be even near to what is on their products.

(11-21-2015 08:39 AM)milkydude12 Wrote:  Some might ask, why don't you just update your iphone to the latest firmware? Well the reason for it is because if i update i would lose my jailbreak and as a direct result i would lose one of my more crucial application: F.lux (dims the iphone screen and makes it easier on the eyes in the dark).

They are glad that you face a difficulty taking the jailbreak route, they would do (and they do) anything to ensure your issue stays unless you opt giving up jailbreaking.

(11-21-2015 08:39 AM)milkydude12 Wrote:  what if the user who bought the apple watch had a old iphone 3gs? or perhaps only had a ipod touch 2gen (highest firmware being 4.2.1).

As I said above they don't care for obsolete software versions BUT EVEN MORE for obsolete hardware/devices like the 3GS. They'd do anything so you'd be forced to buy the new and the latest they offer, for the crazy price they ask for.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RANT: Disappointment with Apple - VIRGIN KLM - 11-22-2015 07:08 PM