Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
05-03-2017, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 03:49 PM by whois.)
RE: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
(05-02-2017 03:41 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  First of all we have a rule to keep 1 thread per game, this game already has it's own thread in here.

Sorry about that.

(05-02-2017 03:41 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  However if same issues happen on different platforms and using savedata(not savestates), then it's probably a problem with your copy of the game.

Especially if you're by chance using a fan translation as those are always buggy and the patching itself or even downloading some large patch itself might sometimes fail effectively breaking stuff. English typically needing more memory than japanese, even more with changes to game graphics might just not fit standard 24mb available for PSP games and running out of memory will cause missing or corrupted stuff pretty easily, sometimes only in situations not tested by the team of fan translators. So if you used fan translation, first thing I would try original, untranslated game(note you can't use savestates nor savedata made during battles to test this game between patched/unpatched) as there are no known emulation issues with this game. If the problem happens only with fan translation, you should report it to whoever made it.

I think the game is dead in that sense. There hasn't been an update for years.

(05-02-2017 03:41 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  If you do use savestates, first thing to try is to save the game normally as it was designed, restarting emulation and reloading the game from that normal save. Most games aren't stable enough to play for a very long time even on real hardware and continuosly loading savestates simulates exactly such situation easy to imagine even minor issue could accumulate to serious problem when playing 98% of a very long game without breaks:].

Yeah. I know about the savestates. Usually I rely on the save actual save data rather than the savestates. But that doesn't seem to be it. I can basically confirm it's the save data with the missing info.

(05-02-2017 03:41 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Also just in case - if you used cheats, doesn't matter if they worked or not, your game could be broken, which if you're unlucky could even affect savedata. That's because most cheats made for psp simply speaking sucks. There were whole weird dramas around it like "patapon 3 infection" which people made stories about game anti-cheat breaking their games or hackers infecting them, and all it was just a dumb badly made cheats. If by chance a cheat broke your savedata you might be out of luck:|, but more commonly bad cheats only brake current memory state, restart and reload from normal savedata after disabling all cheats would in most cases help.:]

I haven't thought about that. Will try and report back with me findings. Will also try the untranslated version as recommended as well.

Will let you guys know.

Thanks for the assist.

EDIT: Update as of 05 May, yeah, me save game is gone. Neither switching off the cheats nor loading the untranslated version of the game works for me. Sigh. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SD gundam g generation overworld - Kincaid - 06-29-2014, 01:50 AM
mod sd gundam - jeremygm - 07-25-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld - whois - 05-03-2017 02:24 AM