Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Loco Roco
04-17-2013, 11:28 AM
RE: Loco Roco
Merged
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2013, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 04:15 AM by arg274.)
Henrik did say to do some research on locoroco skin type in potemkin readme.

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
07-02-2013, 05:06 PM
One of the best games on psp...try to fix the graphic glitches!!!
07-24-2013, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 06:41 AM by kevinrocksman.)
Loco roco[android]
Quick question and observation on loco roco.

I noticed on loco roco that it runs almost 60 vps all the time on my note 2 but the only problem it has is the little yellow guys stretch either to the side of the screen or stretch to the nearest object. Now it changes when u change the hardware transformation option.

I have played around with it for weeks trying every possible option. Loco roco is my favorite game on the psp (sadly) and wanting to play it on my phone has been a dream since smartphones first came out. I will gladly buy ppsspp once loco roco is working right but any idea why it stretches them?

the one with the guys stretching to the right is with hardware trans on, the one that stretches to the middle is with it off

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-24-2013, 08:00 AM
/merged
07-24-2013, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 08:16 AM by Nezarn.)
(07-24-2013 06:35 AM)kevinrocksman Wrote:  Quick question and observation on loco roco.

I noticed on loco roco that it runs almost 60 vps all the time on my note 2 but the only problem it has is the little yellow guys stretch either to the side of the screen or stretch to the nearest object. Now it changes when u change the hardware transformation option.

I have played around with it for weeks trying every possible option. Loco roco is my favorite game on the psp (sadly) and wanting to play it on my phone has been a dream since smartphones first came out. I will gladly buy ppsspp once loco roco is working right but any idea why it stretches them?

the one with the guys stretching to the right is with hardware trans on, the one that stretches to the middle is with it off
That will be fixed when someone implements spline\bezier (for example final fantasy 4 has buggy spell effects because its not implemented (well its implemented in a hacky way, only fixes 1 game lol)), sadly i dont thinks its coming very soon, very few games use it :/ (im waiting for it too, because i want to play ff4 with its nice spell effects...)

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
07-26-2013, 02:12 AM
(07-24-2013 08:15 AM)Nezarn Wrote:  
(07-24-2013 06:35 AM)kevinrocksman Wrote:  Quick question and observation on loco roco.

That will be fixed when someone implements spline\bezier (for example final fantasy 4 has buggy spell effects because its not implemented (well its implemented in a hacky way, only fixes 1 game lol)), sadly i dont thinks its coming very soon, very few games use it :/ (im waiting for it too, because i want to play ff4 with its nice spell effects...)

... I would donate quite a bit bit to be able to play loco roco correctly...
08-18-2013, 08:23 AM
(07-26-2013 02:12 AM)kevinrocksman Wrote:  ... I would donate quite a bit bit to be able to play loco roco correctly...
I would too, but I have some good news!
On the latest PC build, if you turn on software rendering and turn off anti-aliasing, splines do work and the locorocos render correctly! HURRAY!

However, the game is very pixelated (even with higher render resolutions, doesn't seem to effect it) and runs extremely slowly. PLEASE, devs, port splines to normal rendering or make software rendering playable!

08-18-2013, 08:35 AM
(08-18-2013 08:23 AM)thatdude624 Wrote:  
(07-26-2013 02:12 AM)kevinrocksman Wrote:  ... I would donate quite a bit bit to be able to play loco roco correctly...
I would too, but I have some good news!
On the latest PC build, if you turn on software rendering and turn off anti-aliasing, splines do work and the locorocos render correctly! HURRAY!

However, the game is very pixelated (even with higher render resolutions, doesn't seem to effect it) and runs extremely slowly. PLEASE, devs, port splines to normal rendering or make software rendering playable!

hm i see, just tried that on the note 2 (android) and its just a black screen -_- so close!
08-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Splines haven't really been implemented even in the software renderer, just another hack (although a bit better).
I'd like to write a good test application to work on the splines and bezier, when it's done, I'll port the work I've done in Jpcsp to PPSSPP and we'll have nice splines!
08-18-2013, 11:15 AM
This sounds really promising Orphis! Can´t wait to see the result of your work!
08-22-2013, 10:14 PM
I added the basic spline implementation from neobrain's softgpu to the opengl code, so now Loco Roco is pretty playable. When you combine a bunch of locos the resulting giant loco looks a bit jagged though.
08-22-2013, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 10:43 PM by kevinrocksman.)
(08-22-2013 10:14 PM)Henrik Wrote:  I added the basic spline implementation from neobrain's softgpu to the opengl code, so now Loco Roco is pretty playable. When you combine a bunch of locos the resulting giant loco looks a bit jagged though.

Works AMAZING!!! except the faces (eyes)
08-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Great work Henrik, looks good for me though

08-23-2013, 04:24 PM
(08-23-2013 04:23 PM)ufdada Wrote:  Great work Henrik, looks good for me though

is that on the pc?