Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS1/PSX Games?
03-18-2013, 12:49 AM
PS1/PSX Games?
I'm a bit of a noobie when it comes to the PSP (I owned one for less than 24 hours before returning it). From what I understand, it can easily play PS1 games. Also from what I understand, PPSSPP currently isn't capable of playing converted EBOOT.PBP files for the converted PS1/PSX games. Is support for this planned?

It'd be absolutely amazing to play PS1 games, especially for iOS users, as ZodTTD has neglected to update his psx4all emulator in years, so it doesn't work.
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: PS1/PSX Games?
(03-18-2013 12:49 AM)besweeet Wrote:  I'm a bit of a noobie when it comes to the PSP (I owned one for less than 24 hours before returning it). From what I understand, it can easily play PS1 games. Also from what I understand, PPSSPP currently isn't capable of playing converted EBOOT.PBP files for the converted PS1/PSX games. Is support for this planned?

It'd be absolutely amazing to play PS1 games, especially for iOS users, as ZodTTD has neglected to update his psx4all emulator in years, so it doesn't work.
I know right! ZodTTD is a very slow working man and it annoys everyone. Any ways, I was trying to run a converted eboot file of LSD - Dream EMulator on PPSSPP with no luck! hope this feature gets added! Also running homebrew software would be a blessing as well!
03-18-2013, 12:56 AM
(03-18-2013 12:49 AM)besweeet Wrote:  I'm a bit of a noobie when it comes to the PSP (I owned one for less than 24 hours before returning it). From what I understand, it can easily play PS1 games. Also from what I understand, PPSSPP currently isn't capable of playing converted EBOOT.PBP files for the converted PS1/PSX games. Is support for this planned?

As Henrik has stated in other posts, plans to make Sony's PSX emulator for PSP work in PPSSPP isn't an active goal. If it happens to work as the emulator develops, whoopee, if it doesn't, oh well.
03-18-2013, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 01:33 AM by BubblegumBalloon.)
On the real PSP you can get PS1 games to work with popsloader. Whether this will work with PPSSPP without some modification I don't know.

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7410

It uses seplugins so im guessing no.
03-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Yeah there's no POPS plugin, so no PSX emulator for PPSSPP.
03-18-2013, 08:52 AM
use fpse....
03-18-2013, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 09:34 AM by Poo-Tang.)
(03-18-2013 08:52 AM)stodag Wrote:  use fpse....

Agread 100% (Seen a couple of PSX threads now).

If you want to run PSX games on Windows or mobile use emulators that were made for the job. Most of those emulators like epsxe, fpse, etc, etc have had development for years now and so are perfect if not more then perfect to play on. Why would you want to play PSX games on PPSSPP when its less then a year old and not even made or being worked on to run PSX games?

Not to mention that the PSP does not come with L2/R2/L3/R3/Second Analog stick controls so the games would be half playable as you would be using Native PSX rom rips most likely and not the adapted ones straight from PSN made to work on PSP.

Just seams like too much hard work for too little if ask me.
03-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm using ePSXe. It's more light than fpse.
03-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I think this thread must be closed.
Thread Closed