Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] Upgrading to 1.1.1 - Save Data Transfer? Mac OS
11-08-2015, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 10:20 AM by vnctdj.)
[Solved] Upgrading to 1.1.1 - Save Data Transfer? Mac OS
Hi!

I'm a newbie here. Sorry if someone has already posted this but I couldn't find such a thread at a glance.

I've installed the PPSSPP 1.1.1 for Mac OSX and wanted to transfer over my save files from the 0.9.7.1, but the package contents of 1.1.1 look very different from the older version and doesn't really have memstick, psp or game files. Is there any way for me to do the save data transfer?

Thanks a bunch!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Upgrading to 1.1.1 - Save Data Transfer? Mac OS
I don't remember if 0.9.7 was before or after this which doesn't really say anything about mac anyway - however what you see is normal on all platforms.
Those folders are only created when needed so just because they aren't shipped with ppsspp, doesn't mean they will not be there after you play some game and save neither that they will not be seen by a game if you copy your older folders before ppsspp creates them.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-08-2015, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 10:25 PM by Henrik.)
On newer mac versions of PPSSPP, you'll find the Memstick folder in ~/.config/PPSSPP. Copy your savegames to PSP/SAVEDATA in there - look around, it'll be obvious.
11-09-2015, 05:13 AM
(11-08-2015 10:23 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  I don't remember if 0.9.7 was before or after this which doesn't really say anything about mac anyway - however what you see is normal on all platforms.

(11-08-2015 10:25 PM)Henrik Wrote:  On newer mac versions of PPSSPP, you'll find the Memstick folder in ~/.config/PPSSPP. Copy your savegames to PSP/SAVEDATA in there - look around, it'll be obvious.

Thank you both for your help! However I can't seem to find a memstick folder in the 1.1.1.
When I open it it has one folder, "Contents". Under "Contents" the "Resources" folder just contains the blue icon. Under the only other folder, "MacOS", there is an exec file "PPSSPPDL" and a folder "assets". Under "assets" all it has are some language, font and shader files.

That's all there is in the content of the new PPSSPP, which is why I'm so confused. Am I doing something wrong? Other than the save data bit the new version runs games just fine.
11-09-2015, 05:29 AM
When he says ~/.config, what this means is your user folder. So, for example, "/Users/MonsterHunterrrrr/.config". By default, Finder may hide .config from you, I think you can use "Go To" to get there, or the Terminal.

For example, open the Terminal and type in:

open ~/.config/PPSSPP

And then press return.

-[Unknown]
11-09-2015, 05:50 AM
(11-09-2015 05:29 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  When he says ~/.config, what this means is your user folder. So, for example, "/Users/MonsterHunterrrrr/.config". By default, Finder may hide .config from you, I think you can use "Go To" to get there, or the Terminal.

For example, open the Terminal and type in:

open ~/.config/PPSSPP

And then press return.

-[Unknown]

It worked! Woohoo! Thank you Big Grin
11-09-2015, 10:20 AM
RE: [Solved] Upgrading to 1.1.1 - Save Data Transfer? Mac OS
Thread's title updated.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing