Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Controller Support
03-17-2013, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 04:46 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
Controller Support
I would classify this as low priority but controller is definitely something to consider.

I wanted to bring this topic up because I know a great source for a multi emulator framework, it has most of what we need already done.

https://code.google.com/p/emu-ex-plus-alpha/

Its cross platform and it already has support for a lot of different bluetooth controllers.

There is also a lot of good stuff there that can help with the GUI of the emulator too.

EDIT: I believe a lot of the bluetooth controller stuff is under the imagine directory
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2013, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 11:28 PM by xsacha.)
RE: Controller Support
For which platform are we talking about?

Android + Symbian + Blackberry already support controllers (USB/Bluetooth/whatever).
Nothing special is needed to be done to support controllers on these platforms though (just accept keys).

Later there will probably be a UI to configure keys which will make it easier to map keys to your controller. There usually exists apps to do this on your device though.
03-18-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: Controller Support
Mainly iOS I guess since there is no normal way to pair a controller to the device. Most emulators for that operating system have some sort of bluetooth paring functionally built into the app.

iOS is a bit of a finicky operating system when it comes to using emulators.