Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Samsung Galaxy S6 - "Unfortunately, PPSSPP has stopped."
10-17-2015, 03:20 PM
RE: Samsung Galaxy S6 - "Unfortunately, PPSSPP has stopped."
After some tinkering, I think I found the source of the problem.

So my phone has 25GB of (usable) storage space. If too much of it was used (I.e., only 1gb free), PPSSPP would crash. I deleted things so it got to 5GB free, and PPSSPP wouldn't crash.

From there, Tactics Ogre ran poorly. From here I turned off "Simulate block transfer effects"

The game was from being visually unplayable (character sprites getting small and big, the map would be flickering, and many other graphical glitches), along with audio stuttering and being choppy.

However once I turned off Simulatre block transfer effects, the issues (mostly) disappeared. Other than an occasional skip in audio (less than half a second), the game runs very smoothly, works with my Moga Pro (it came in lol), and I've experienced no crashes.

Again, the source of all this (or the main issue) I believe, was how much storage space I had, as that was what stopped the PPSSPP from crashing. I filled my Galaxy S6 back up to see if I was right, and yes, it kept crashing again once the storage space was filled up like before.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Samsung Galaxy S6 - "Unfortunately, PPSSPP has stopped." - BearZ - 10-17-2015 03:20 PM