Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Samsung Galaxy S6 - "Unfortunately, PPSSPP has stopped."
10-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Samsung Galaxy S6 - "Unfortunately, PPSSPP has stopped."
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6, it's updated and no issues with it

Today I got PPSSPP as I wanted to use it for (obviously), games. I have 3 ISO's that all result in the same thing.

I open the app, and everything is okay. When I go to open an ISO/game though, the app (always) crashes after 1-3 seconds. The only game where I see anything is Disgaea 2, where I see a "now loading" on the bottom right. The app still crashes after a second or so still.

What can I do to resolve this? Is there some kind of code/error report I can post here? I tried googling solutions, or other people that may have had this problem, but I was unable to find anything.

Please help me
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Samsung Galaxy S6 - "Unfortunately, PPSSPP has stopped."
You can try to get the error message via logcat.

Either you download the android app or use android device monitor on a pc via usb debugging.

Thomas
10-07-2015, 10:54 PM
(10-07-2015 10:36 AM)Tommyx Wrote:  You can try to get the error message via logcat.

Either you download the android app or use android device monitor on a pc via usb debugging.

Thomas

My phone isn't rooted, logcat won't work
10-08-2015, 11:35 AM
(10-07-2015 10:54 PM)BearZ Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 10:36 AM)Tommyx Wrote:  You can try to get the error message via logcat.

Thomas

The APP alogcat from the play store does not seam to require root.
10-12-2015, 03:39 PM
(10-08-2015 11:35 AM)Tommyx Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 10:54 PM)BearZ Wrote:  

Thomas

The APP alogcat from the play store does not seam to require root.

Hm... alright I'll try again, I may have been using it wrong
10-12-2015, 11:11 PM
I think 1.1.1 will resolve this.

-[Unknown]
10-13-2015, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 04:12 PM by BearZ.)
(10-12-2015 11:11 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I think 1.1.1 will resolve this.

-[Unknown]

Lol that's what I've been using.

Anyway, I solved the problem through trial and error, finally. Can close the thread.

The issue was the ISO themselves, not sure how, but they were allcorrupted.
10-16-2015, 07:12 AM
Welp. My issue now, even after tinkering with everything, is weird.

The other day, all 3 games would turn on and play, but the audio would be VERY stuttery. At some point I deleted 2 of the games as they were just taking up space (couldn't get them to work, why keep em on my phone?)

Today now, I tried getting the 1 game left, to work. Well, now the audio works completely fine, but the games video flickers a lot, the characters all get really small, and then PPSSPP just freezes. The game is tactics ogre

I'll keep trying to figure out what's going on. I bought a moga pro, so... Really hoping I get this resolved by the time it gets here on Monday.
10-17-2015, 03:20 PM
After some tinkering, I think I found the source of the problem.

So my phone has 25GB of (usable) storage space. If too much of it was used (I.e., only 1gb free), PPSSPP would crash. I deleted things so it got to 5GB free, and PPSSPP wouldn't crash.

From there, Tactics Ogre ran poorly. From here I turned off "Simulate block transfer effects"

The game was from being visually unplayable (character sprites getting small and big, the map would be flickering, and many other graphical glitches), along with audio stuttering and being choppy.

However once I turned off Simulatre block transfer effects, the issues (mostly) disappeared. Other than an occasional skip in audio (less than half a second), the game runs very smoothly, works with my Moga Pro (it came in lol), and I've experienced no crashes.

Again, the source of all this (or the main issue) I believe, was how much storage space I had, as that was what stopped the PPSSPP from crashing. I filled my Galaxy S6 back up to see if I was right, and yes, it kept crashing again once the storage space was filled up like before.
10-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Hmm, it's not supposed to crash when you run out of space, it's supposed to tell the game you ran out of space.

So, when it crashes, is it when it's dealing with savedata? Or at just random times?

-[Unknown]