Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Assistance regarding compiling my own custom build?
09-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Assistance regarding compiling my own custom build?
I would like some assistance regarding compiling a custom build that can play Armored Core 3 Last Raven Portable without crashing. According to this thread (forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=2705), it is possible to create a build by just adding the mentioned two lines. Unfortunately I have no experience compiling Android appsapps, so I wouldn't know how start.

I promise however, that I can follow instructions very very well, so I'm confident I can do this myself, but I just need to be pointed to the right direction, as in what do I need to download etc. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2015, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 09:21 PM by LunaMoo.)
RE: Assistance regarding compiling my own custom build?
Well if you just need direction to start from you can follow android part from here.

You pretty much need android sdk, ndk and eclipse with adt. Will probably have it easier if you find old adt bundle which includes functional setup of eclipse + sdk for android and then downloading android ndk, instead of getting everything separately, google officially switched to android studio by now and I think ppsspp can't be built with that yet, so you can try links posted here(seem to still be hosted by google, just not linked on the official site anymore). Also here's a link for ndk.

If you don't already have it you can follow windows guide for git part and cloning ppsspp repository to hdd as that will be same for most operating systems.

I would also recommend making the hack optional because your build will replace your current ppsspp version(gold is separate through) after installing on android and hacks like that can and probably will break other games.

I didn't do it from a long time myself, but shouldn't be that hard, and you can just use your google skills for any potential problems you might get since they will not be ppsspp specific(unless you do something funny while adding the hack;p).
The worst part is really wasting time and gb's on hdd to install and setting up the environment for something you might use once if you only need it for some hack.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
09-18-2015, 12:05 AM
Yeah that's my main concern. I'd be taking a long time to download everything I need despite probably only going to use it once Tongue and the Internet here in my country us piss poor. Thanks for the tips, I'll be back asking questions once I have everything in place.
09-19-2015, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 10:22 AM by Threule.)
If you manage to do it, please publish it. I'm still waiting for a build that has compatibility with level-5 games ADHOC (Danball senki and Gundam AGE)