Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Texture replacement madness.
10-21-2015, 01:37 PM
RE: Texture replacement madness.
(10-20-2015 07:11 PM)LinnersXWosers Wrote:  
(10-16-2015 06:12 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  
(10-16-2015 05:04 PM)LinnersXWosers Wrote:  Could you explain to me how you flip the colors with Gimp? I've tried the rotate color option many times and failed.

on menu bar u have position named color

click it and from drop down menu check each option
and 1 option eventually will be solution for u

Could you please be a bit more specific? no options under the color menu offer what you describe in GIMP. Paint.NEt will not load the plugins described in the OP for me. Only errors.

Perhaps provide a screenshot? thanks.

nope

[Image: gtgQw5k.png]

[Image: zi5WlUU.png]

[Image: w3FZ2gE.png]

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2015, 04:11 PM
You guys are making this way to complicated, you just need to swap the red and the blue color channel (it's RGB versus BGR)

Just use some simple tool like irfan view: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...9#pid94589

or if you need to use gimp then it's "Colors->Components->Channel Mixer" and then make
red channel = 100% blue and 0% red
and blue channel = 100% red and 0% blue
10-22-2015, 10:13 AM
6.-Open uMod, go to Main-Start Game through uMod-Select the game to start and select the PPSSPP executable, after this it should start and the uMod windows will change.

Nothing changed here

[Image: 02baa1645a.png]
12-03-2015, 04:35 AM
(09-15-2015 01:41 AM)YukiHerz Wrote:  Well, first off hi, my first post on these forums.

I've been using PPSSPP for a long time and after a series of events i am now able to replace textures in games (in D3D9 mode).

It started in an attempt to rip the Maps from Monster Hunter games, using Ninja Ripper, it worked flawlessly and i was able to obtain all the maps from F1, FU and P3rd, later i tried TexMod to modify textures and well, it worked, for a time, when it didn't work anymore i started messing with stuff to learn what was it that allowed TexMod to work, then i learned that the d3d9.dll file created by ninja ripper in the PPSSPP folder was necessary for TexMod.

So i went ahead and replaced textures, first with random online textures and later with PS2 equivalents of the same textures (also obtained with ninja ripper) and my own edits to those textures, like flipped colors and other basic stuff.

So the next thing i did was to use uMod instead, which is an updated version of TexMod, seemingly also relying on the dll created by ninja ripper, it also worked.

What's the true purpose of this thread?, well, motivate someone with the knowledge to implement this as a feature of the emulator instead, so it also works with OpenGL backend, of course i did search beforehand and i found words about this being feasible, but nothing concrete or recent, of course, it is understandable if people would rather work on stuff to polish the actual emulation.

I'd like to see other people experimenting with these programs and posting about the results, well, that's all i wanted to say. Tongue

How to achieve this:
1.-Download Ninja Ripper
2.-Download uMod 1.x
Optional.-Download Paint.Net and a plugin to flip/rotate rgb channels(Search for "Color Flip/Rotate plugin".
3.-Start PPSSPP and set it to D3D9 backend and close it after it restarts.
4.-Open Ninja Ripper, set it to D3D9 Wrapper mode(Below the Run button), set the target Exe to ppsspp.exe, Dir should be the directory where ppsspp is stored, then click run.
5.-After PPSSPP has started, close it and check if the folder for PPSSPP contains a file called d3d9.dll, if it does, continue to next step.
6.-Open uMod, go to Main-Start Game through uMod-Select the game to start and select the PPSSPP executable, after this it should start and the uMod windows will change.
7.-Back to the uMod windows, set buttons for back, save and next (i usually put them on VK_Left, Up and Right respectively), thick the save single texture box and set a save directory, now click update and go back to ppsspp, notice how now there's red text indicating what texture you selected, now go to a game and get to the part where the texture you wanna modify appears and browse the textures with the Back and Next buttons you set before, the selected texture will turn Green in the game, so keep browsing until that texture turns green and press the Save button you set before.
8.-Now go and modify the texture you saved, it is in DDS format, which Paint.Net can open.
9.-You'll notice the texture has wrong colors, as its RGB channels are inverted (BGR), you need to find a way to flip them, either with the plugin i mentioned before or another method you find online, if you found the plugin i mentioned it should show several squares which you can click, click on the lower left one, notice how below the squares there's text that says B^G^R^ or similar, and click ok.
10.-When you're done with editing the texture, run the color flip again and save it.
11.-Go back to uMod and run ppsspp again, then click open texture/package and select the texture you modified and press the Update button, go back into the game and into the part where the texture you modified appears and your modified texture should be there.
12.-For multiple textures, you can put them inside a Zip file and load that file with the open texture/package button.

So is there anything that prevents full support of texture replacement in ppsspp(without external tools) like the one Dolphin? Can it be implemented now?
12-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Wow! so finally some texture dumping/loading. Big Grin

Great job man! Cool

I've been waiting for a feature like this on PPSSPP.

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
12-04-2015, 01:31 AM
So far nothing's changed that prevents this from working, i hope one day PPSSPP supports texture replacement natively.
Not only could it be used for the obvious HD packages, but to simply change certain textures that are lower resolution than the rest of the game and can be bothering when noticed, mostly minor details.

Nothing related to the above, just bad memery:
[Image: Ja8Cbmxm.png][Image: X3XAoDsm.png][Image: e1MfX08m.png][Image: bO0HyCSm.png][Image: EJlsTAqm.png][Image: KjWZgRBm.png][Image: WQwE6z5m.png][Image: z3XUKVIm.png]

And a little thing that may interest MH players, Tigrex and Nargacuga seem to have the exact same model in P3rd, haven't checked Akantor and Ukanlos, but i'm 100% sure diablos wouldn't work.
[Image: zhty4GPm.png][Image: LiDCGJIm.png]
12-04-2015, 03:04 AM
(12-04-2015 01:31 AM)YukiHerz Wrote:  So far nothing's changed that prevents this from working, i hope one day PPSSPP supports texture replacement natively.
Not only could it be used for the obvious HD packages, but to simply change certain textures that are lower resolution than the rest of the game and can be bothering when noticed, mostly minor details.

Nothing related to the above, just bad memery:
[Image: Ja8Cbmxm.png][Image: X3XAoDsm.png][Image: e1MfX08m.png][Image: bO0HyCSm.png][Image: EJlsTAqm.png][Image: KjWZgRBm.png][Image: WQwE6z5m.png][Image: z3XUKVIm.png]

And a little thing that may interest MH players, Tigrex and Nargacuga seem to have the exact same model in P3rd, haven't checked Akantor and Ukanlos, but i'm 100% sure diablos wouldn't work.
[Image: zhty4GPm.png][Image: LiDCGJIm.png]

What is missing, what exactly is needed to support it natively?
12-10-2015, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2015 03:27 AM by fuhuan416.)
i just wanna replace Tekken's textures....

Yes it is! I follow your guides to replace success!

[undefined=undefined]from China[/undefined]
02-01-2016, 09:58 PM
(09-15-2015 01:41 AM)YukiHerz Wrote:  notice how now there's red text indicating what texture you selected

Nothing happens :/ ...
After i've clicked "Update" I went to PPSSPP and the red text you're talking about doesn't appear.
I went to the game afterwards (Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3), went to "Practice Mode" and nothing, I've pressed the "Back" or "Next" Texture Keys and nothing happened :/ ...

I'm using PPSSPP v1.1.1-872..
02-03-2016, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 10:52 PM by blackdreamnr.)
sir may have a DL link and tutorial how to do this, and does this contain a .mod file? i wanna make a mhp3 mhfu, where to get a texture from ps2 mhfu, thanks hoping for a response tyBig Grin
02-14-2016, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2016 05:12 PM by Cordon.)
To all who say it doesn't do anything when they press back or next:
Are you sure you're using the 32-bit version? It doesn't work on 64bit (ppssppwindows64).
03-17-2016, 01:59 AM
Brick Texture Ripping / Hacking
I'm verry much dissapointed to see that despite the ability of the GE to straight up show raw textures, there is no ability to copy, export, or do anything with these textures, there are all these functions for 'export files' and all seperate viewers and such, but i cant seem to get anything out. So i have a few questions.

1. Can i extract raw textures?
I cant seem to find anything aside from the super-helpfull "Yeah just screenshot mate" Which is far from texture ripping, and completly unhelpfull. Can i get the RAW textures? And if so

2. Can i EDIT or hack textures
I understand how difficult this would be, ive done difficult hacking. I'm wondering if there is any way to modify or change textures. My main idea is that i could make custom packs for megaman powered up!'s level editor.
03-17-2016, 10:34 PM
RE: Texture Ripping / Hacking
I did this months ago: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=16586

Of course its pretty limited and confusing to set up, and it only works on windows because DX9.
Lets hope the emulator gets the ability to dump and replace sometime soon.
03-17-2016, 11:35 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Frontier textures are great (as in, they're the same resolution as ps2, but got what seems to be a complete rip for weapons and armors thanks to Extractor).
[Image: zHKLRPLm.png][Image: r0oVp24m.png][Image: Yg5FjFMm.png][Image: BKVaNfhm.png][Image: W5jL7N7m.png]