Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus
11-01-2015, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 05:00 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus
(11-01-2015 01:26 PM)Gen.Stephengona Wrote:  
Good evening, Welcome to my first post. Tonight I'm going to need your help in solving this speed issue on GvsG Next PLUS.
As you can see the game starts off fine.in my ppsspp v 1.1.1... the intro is flawless (well a bit since I do frameskip) The main Menu is close to original Quality, the character select Is Smooth. However When the real game starts IN ANY MODE my fps.speed plummets from 8-15/30-60.(80%-90%+) to 1/30-60(sometimes it's 0/-2052).(20&-40%->50% and lower)... Now I read earlier posts about their GvGN+ working flawlessly in their computers pissed me off (i'm not mad at them just to myself) Because If I can play Macross Ultimate frontier With the Black Box and occasional Fps drops the only problems, why does it Lag Soooo much in my Netbook(no kidding I am playing in a netbook)? Can someone help me out please?Heart here are my pc stats:
p.s. is project diva(vocaloid)
playable?
p.s.s having an internet signal is a miracle here in the Philippines so expect delayed replies and pls. get straight to the point.
AngelAngelAngelAngelAngelAngelAngel

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 12:44 AM by lumune.)
Good evening, Welcome to my first post. Tonight I'm going to need your help in solving this speed issue on GvsG Next PLUS.
As you can see the game starts off fine.in my ppsspp v 1.1.1... the intro is flawless (well a bit since I do frameskip) The main Menu is close to original Quality, the character select Is Smooth. However When the real game starts IN ANY MODE my fps.speed plummets from 8-15/30-60.(80%-90%+) to 1/30-60(sometimes it's 0/-2052).(20&-40%->50% and lower)... Now I read earlier posts about their GvGN+ working flawlessly in their computers pissed me off (i'm not mad at them just to myself) Because If I can play Macross Ultimate frontier With the Black Box and occasional Fps drops the only problems, why does it Lag Soooo much in my Netbook(no kidding I am playing in a netbook)? Can someone help me out please?Heart here are my pc stats:
playable?
p.s.s having an internet signal is a miracle here in the Philippines so expect delayed replies and pls. get straight to the point.

Go to PPSSPP Settings, these may help in this game:

<Graphics>
Frameskipping>1 to 4 is recommended
Auto frameskip>On

Rendering resolution>Auto (1:1) or 1x (fast but will look bad) or 2x
Vsync>Off
Mipmapping>On
Lazy texture caching>On
Disable Slower Effects>On
Spline/Bezier curves quality>Low

Upscale level>Off
Anisotropic filtering>Off or 2x or 4x
Lower resolution for effects>Balanced

<System>
Fast memory>On (disable this when playing online!)
Multithreaded>On

Leave all else as default. Good luck.
11-02-2015, 11:48 AM
(11-02-2015 12:41 AM)lumune Wrote:  
playable?

Go to PPSSPP Settings, these may help in this game:

<Graphics>
Frameskipping>1 to 4 is recommended
Auto frameskip>On

Rendering resolution>Auto (1:1) or 1x (fast but will look bad) or 2x
Vsync>Off
Mipmapping>On
Lazy texture caching>On
Disable Slower Effects>On
Spline/Bezier curves quality>Low

Upscale level>Off
Anisotropic filtering>Off or 2x or 4x
Lower resolution for effects>Balanced

<System>
Fast memory>On (disable this when playing online!)
Multithreaded>On

Leave all else as default. Good luck.
hate to admit that its my pc that is the problem.... must finish..college......
02-20-2016, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 09:20 PM by Nightquaker.)
Performance is much better in 1.2 on my PC. Pretty much perfect, in fact. However, there is random microstuttering now. Very heinous.
Frameskipping doesn't fix the issue and sometimes makes it even worse. Playing at 1x internal resolution (also playable at 3x), fast memory and multithreaded don't really change the situation. Everything else is default. No VSync enabled.
Overall, great performance improvement, though :3

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
02-25-2016, 04:47 AM
Hi, how can add this game to evolve for play?
09-27-2016, 10:54 AM
Hey guys!

PPSSPP Ver. 1.3 came out and tried some texture replacement with this game. I remastered it a bit look what came out!

I just completed remastering all units+assists and side 7 map. It's all pretty cartoonish though especially the map itself. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share them here but pm me if you want the pack.

I might do updates for all textures in the future. There's tons of textures in this game its crazy...
05-16-2017, 04:41 PM
Newbie here guys!
I'm having some problems playing Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus. I'm a newbie when it comes to emulators. While playing, I'm having only 20/60 fps and 70% speed. Can anyone recommend me the settings I should input to have a better playing experience?
05-16-2017, 06:13 PM
With the 1.4 update, dx11 renderer crashes every time I try to start a round. Dx9 still works fine. If there's some way to get a crash log, I'd be more than happy to post it.
05-20-2017, 12:15 AM
(05-16-2017 04:41 PM)RaibuTheRipper Wrote:  Newbie here guys!
I'm having some problems playing Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus. I'm a newbie when it comes to emulators. While playing, I'm having only 20/60 fps and 70% speed. Can anyone recommend me the settings I should input to have a better playing experience?

What kind of system are you playing with? And what's the specs? Because gvgnp can be a bit taxing on low-end pc and mobile.