Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exclusive Fullscreen mode?
09-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Exclusive Fullscreen mode?
PPSSPP already has borderless fullscreen mode but what about real fullscreen mode? Why didn't it happen already?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: Exclusive Fullscreen mode?
What do you mean by "real" fullscreen mode ?
What's the difference with the fullscreen mode we use currently ?

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-07-2015, 02:00 PM
(09-07-2015 11:52 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  What do you mean by "real" fullscreen mode ?
What's the difference with the fullscreen mode we use currently ?

You can read about it here http://forums.firefall.com/community/thr...dow.62253/
09-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Hmm OK, thank you for the link Smile

So, it seems both fullscreen methods have their own advantages/disadvantages, interesting !

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-08-2015, 07:38 AM
Oh, how could I forget about asking for this too before?

I play PPSSPP with 3D Vision 2 and it would work a lot better with exclusive fullscreen. Vsync doesn't work for me (unless it requires Windows Aero on), and currently I have to choose between Windows Aero on (stutters and some slowdowns) or off (tearing even if vsync is enabled). I suspect that with true fullscreen I would have good performance and perfect vsync.

It benefited Dolphin (one of the progress reports from a lot of time ago talked about it), and PCSX2 would also improve if it had it.
09-11-2015, 08:16 AM
+1 for true fullscreen mode.
09-15-2015, 01:53 AM
Be careful what you wish for. Taskbar activity usually minimizes true fullscreen games.
09-28-2015, 12:19 AM
(09-08-2015 07:38 AM)masterotaku Wrote:  Oh, how could I forget about asking for this too before?

I play PPSSPP with 3D Vision 2 and it would work a lot better with exclusive fullscreen. Vsync doesn't work for me (unless it requires Windows Aero on), and currently I have to choose between Windows Aero on (stutters and some slowdowns) or off (tearing even if vsync is enabled). I suspect that with true fullscreen I would have good performance and perfect vsync.

It benefited Dolphin (one of the progress reports from a lot of time ago talked about it), and PCSX2 would also improve if it had it.
How'd you get 3D Vision 2 working in PPSSPP? I was going to make a topic to ask specifically that.

I rather enjoy it in Dolphin. <3 3D Mario Kart. Big Grin
09-29-2015, 07:52 PM
(09-28-2015 12:19 AM)evilpaul Wrote:  How'd you get 3D Vision 2 working in PPSSPP? I was going to make a topic to ask specifically that.

With Nvidia Inspector, assign the "ppsspp.exe" to a profile that makes 3D Vision work in windowed mode, such as Prototype or 3D-Hub Player (I haven't tried this profile, but people say it works). You also have to use the DirectX 9 backend in PPSSPP.

Every game will need a different convergence setting, so you probably won't find a convergence level that fits all games (that's why it can be set per game in Dolphin, as well as depth).

In my case, Windows Aero makes it work very bad performance wise, so I have to disable it. And vsync doesn't work for me (forced in the drivers or not). That's why I'm asking for an exclusive fullscreen mode.