Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS3 controller
09-01-2015, 08:40 PM
PS3 controller
Hi, I hope this is the right section to post this.
I've been using a PS3 controller to play on ppsspp: I set the controls and the games run well, but the analogs don't work and I'm forced to move with the d-pad, which is not that great.
How can I solve the problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: PS3 controller
Sounds like you just plugged in your PS3 controller, but nothing else. Unfortunately, you need a program to make these controllers work properly. Fortunately, just a few days ago I wrote a mini-guide concerning this issue. As long as you're using Windows, I can guarantee it will work! Don't worry, it's easy; here's the copy paste I wrote elsewhere:

Anyway, first download this (fix the "http");
h ttp://www.mediafire.com/download/9ad29i7we6xzhcu/%5BMotioninJoy_0.7.1_Offline_Installer%5D.rar

This is kind of a custom package of MotionInJoy (you may have heard of it) that I put together.
Usually you need the online version to actually install the necessary drivers, but all I did was take the offline version & put these "necessary drivers" in their designated folders. In short; completely offline & it works.

As for getting your PS3 controller working, let's just go step-by-step, bullet point style!

-Extract the [MotioninJoy 0.7.1 Offline Installer] rar.
-Plug in your PS3 controller.
-Run MotionInJoy.exe in the "ds3" folder.
-Click the "Local" tab at the top.
-Click on "Driver Manager" directly under the "Local tab". You may need to "Grant permission from administrator" at some point. After clicking yes, MotionInJoy will restart (if not, restart it on your own).
-At the "Driver Manager" menu, you should be able to see your PS3 controller. If you do, Click the "Install All" tab.
-After clicking it, you'll see the "Installing Drivers" Windows notification in the corner. Click on that bubble; wait t'ill all the Drivers are finished installing (may take a couple of minutes).
-When finished installing, close MotionInJoy, regardless of what it says. You'll never need to see that green screen again!

Take a quick breather.
-(Optional) You can delete the "ds3" folder, but keep the .rar. The package is pretty nifty; works great for re-installing drivers & at installing in on other computers. Worked on 7 others, including two Windows XP (one of them being mine lol).

-Open up "Better DS3" that came along with the .rar . This is what you'll be using whenever you plug in a PS3 controller. An excellent upgrade from MotionInJoy.
-To the left you'll see all connected PS3 controllers. Click on the one you're using.
-Now you need to select a profile. Since this is your first time, you need to create one. Click on the "New" tab then "XInput".
-You can name your profile to something like "Controller 1", then click on the "Auto Fill: Xbox 360".
-At the bottom right, you can customize your LED to differentiate between controller number. Click "Save Profile" when you're done.

Congratulations! All the work pays off; whenever you feel like booting up a game, simply do this:

-Run "Better DS3".
-Plug in a PS3 controller.
-Select your controller, Select your profile, then click on "Apply".

Once you hit apply, your custom LEDs will light up signaling that the controller is fully active. In PPSSPP controls menu, there's should be an Auto-Fill Xbox 360 Layout button of some sort. Click on that & you're ready to go!

Hopefully this wasn't too long nor complicated, & provides a solution to your problem. Better DS3 is great with other emulators as well, so you can give that a shot too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply