Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Connecting to a PS2 via USB?
09-05-2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Connecting to a PS2 via USB?
I've inquired about this feature in another forum (links aren't permitted, apparently). So I'll just copy/paste the pertinent replies as quotes...

Quote:There were a couple of early PSP versions of Madden that let you link up with the cable, transfer your in-progress franchise mode to the PSP, play some games on a train or whatever, then sync the results back onto the PS2.

One of the Sony first-party games (God of War? Killzone? SOCOM?) had a link-to-unlock-special-features gimmick, but that may have been PSP/PS3 rather than PS2. Madden 2010 supported a wireless PSP/PS3 link so you could transfer custom plays from the PSP to the PS3 and play 'em in HD.

Nintendo's GBA/GameCube link got a lot more use.

Quote:I've never checked to see if this is true, somebody told me that there was a racing game on the PS3 that let you use a PSP as a rearview mirror. I think it was a Gran Turismo title?

/EDIT

Not GT, Formula One.
Apparently it was demoed at E3 but for some reason it doesn't work in the final game:

Quote:I remember a connectivity between Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Acid in order to unlock stuff (camouflage patterns and cards respectively). However you need to clear both games at least once and I think it only works on the japanese versions.

Quote:Aquaplus' Routes PE and Routes Portable could have their save data passed between systems, so you could play the same game between them. It was the perfect idea for a visual novel, you could keep reading and have the same unlock progress as you had in either system. A shame they didn't do so with their other *name of console ver. & same name-PORTABLE* ports and left this as the one-off kind of deal, it would have especially helped with a certain Turn Based Strategy Hybrid, but that's neither here, nor there.

The best part? The LE included BOTH.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Connecting to a PS2 via USB? - Tetrafish - 08-29-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Connecting to a PS2 via USB? - Tetrafish - 09-05-2015 03:28 PM
RE: Connecting to a PS2 via USB? - LunaMoo - 09-06-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: Connecting to a PS2 via USB? - LunaMoo - 09-07-2015, 06:18 AM