Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Connecting to a PS2 via USB?
08-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Connecting to a PS2 via USB?
In the game 'OutRun 2006, Coast to Coast' (for PS2) there are cars and BGM that can only be purchased via the PSP version of the game. I have a PS2 and the game disc, and I'm using the PPSSPP emulator with the ISO (OutRun for PSP)...

So, my question is; is it possible to do this via a USB cable (male to male) connecting my PC to my PS2? I'd almost think that it would, but I thought I'd ask first in case the emulator doesn't support that type of function, and/or if it would mess something up on either my laptop or my PS2 (assuming someone had tried it before).

Sorry if this is known or has been talked about before.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Connecting to a PS2 via USB?
PPSSPP doesn't support this right now. Interesting - I had no idea any game used the USB features like this.

-[Unknown]
09-05-2015, 03:28 PM
I've inquired about this feature in another forum (links aren't permitted, apparently). So I'll just copy/paste the pertinent replies as quotes...

Quote:There were a couple of early PSP versions of Madden that let you link up with the cable, transfer your in-progress franchise mode to the PSP, play some games on a train or whatever, then sync the results back onto the PS2.

One of the Sony first-party games (God of War? Killzone? SOCOM?) had a link-to-unlock-special-features gimmick, but that may have been PSP/PS3 rather than PS2. Madden 2010 supported a wireless PSP/PS3 link so you could transfer custom plays from the PSP to the PS3 and play 'em in HD.

Nintendo's GBA/GameCube link got a lot more use.

Quote:I've never checked to see if this is true, somebody told me that there was a racing game on the PS3 that let you use a PSP as a rearview mirror. I think it was a Gran Turismo title?

/EDIT

Not GT, Formula One.
Apparently it was demoed at E3 but for some reason it doesn't work in the final game:

Quote:I remember a connectivity between Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Acid in order to unlock stuff (camouflage patterns and cards respectively). However you need to clear both games at least once and I think it only works on the japanese versions.

Quote:Aquaplus' Routes PE and Routes Portable could have their save data passed between systems, so you could play the same game between them. It was the perfect idea for a visual novel, you could keep reading and have the same unlock progress as you had in either system. A shame they didn't do so with their other *name of console ver. & same name-PORTABLE* ports and left this as the one-off kind of deal, it would have especially helped with a certain Turn Based Strategy Hybrid, but that's neither here, nor there.

The best part? The LE included BOTH.
09-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Save data with a PS3 is common, but that's just done by connecting the PSP to the PS3 and copying the save files to the PS3. You can export the save files to USB stick as well, I think...? It should be basically the same.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 or 3 does it as well, iirc. For tank stickers or something.

But I never knew about PS2.

-[Unknown]
09-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Most of such things doesn't really copy any content from other game even when they display "copying files" or anything fake like that, you already have it and it's just locked behind a check that could be described as "please buy our another game on different platform so we will unlock extra content on the disk you already bought". Pretty much just a stupid advertisement:|, publishers probably get extra deal from sony for promoting their hardware at the same time.
Just needs someone with the game to find where that check is and make a cheat which always say "yes I bought your other game on different platform, now give me stuff" or if it's not a separate mode, just unlockables, directly add it to your "unlocked stuff list" via simple cheats or even 100% save from any site like gamefaqs.

In fact just a quick search and they're there, one 100% with psp stuff and another clean save which has almost nothing, but the PSP exclusives.;]

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
09-06-2015, 11:37 PM
(09-06-2015 12:04 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Most of such things doesn't really copy any content from other game even when they display "copying files" or anything fake like that, you already have it and it's just locked behind a check that could be described as "please buy our another game on different platform so we will unlock extra content on the disk you already bought". Pretty much just a stupid advertisement:|, publishers probably get extra deal from sony for promoting their hardware at the same time.
Just needs someone with the game to find where that check is and make a cheat which always say "yes I bought your other game on different platform, now give me stuff" or if it's not a separate mode, just unlockables, directly add it to your "unlocked stuff list" via simple cheats or even 100% save from any site like gamefaqs.

In fact just a quick search and they're there, one 100% with psp stuff and another clean save which has almost nothing, but the PSP exclusives.;]

That reminds me of Dreamy Theater on PS3. Locks me out of the game so i can't play it because i don't have a PSP to sync with it, its stupid W_W
09-07-2015, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 06:18 AM by LunaMoo.)
Heh that "Dreamy Theater", if I didn't read it's review at some point I would think you're jokingTongue. Full price for a game that does absolutely nothing by itself, for western standards that's nothing more than a scam.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
09-07-2015, 08:19 AM
(09-07-2015 06:18 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Heh that "Dreamy Theater", if I didn't read it's review at some point I would think you're jokingTongue. Full price for a game that does absolutely nothing by itself, for western standards that's nothing more than a scam.
Yeah, its total BS but i guess with DT Extend you only gotta sync once which is.... good.