Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP1.0.1 save state issue
08-23-2015, 06:46 PM
PPSSPP1.0.1 save state issue
I'm playing PPSSPP 1.0.1. on my Windows 10 computer. (Dell Inspiron 1500 series, I think). I have previously been using the old PPSSPP 9 series, and I just upgraded today.

Firstly, I think that PPSSPP 1.0.1 is a big step up from PPSSPP 9 series, as the new one has noticeable quicker speed, better graphics, and better sound.

However, I am encountering a problem that I have not encountered before. I was playing MGS: Peace Walker and I was at the beginning of the game, where this terrorist looking dude trains your character. I did a save state of that scene, intending to pick up the game from there. But, when I went back and loaded the state, the terrorist guy was speaking but there was no image/graphic/video.

Any ideas why that is and how to fix? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2015, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2015 02:10 AM by Trokinos.)
RE: PPSSPP1.0.1 save state issue
I don't think you'll be able to play with that saved state as it will alway lead into a black screen.
The advice i can give is to save states with Peace Walker is :

- don't try to save state during cutscenes (lots of vocal audio and music change may be trouble)
- press START (so it pause the game, probably easier for PPSSPP to save state this way)
- make sure there's not a music change or someone talking at the point you're going to save the state (i got black screen when i did a save state when the music changed in some boss battles)
- wait a few seconds after pressing START, just in case.
- save the state now

This way you should be able to reload your saved state without obtaining a black screen.
08-26-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: PPSSPP1.0.1 save state issue
If anyone can reproduce, consistently, a save state that doesn't load, it's useful. A few things though:

1. Cheats can corrupt save states.
2. Any normal saving, including autosaving, after creating a save state can make the save state unusable.
3. Save states made while holding down buttons may potentially have unexpected behavior.
4. Save states created in any version of PPSSPP other than the one loading them may cause problems.
5. Some settings, such as "Copy framebuffers to memory" or "CPU clock" can corrupt save states.
6. Loading a save state from an older version or with any of the above problems, and saving it with e.g. a newer version, cheats off, different settings, etc. will not erase the problems; they will follow that save state for all eternity. Once poisoned, always poisoned.

If you're able to fill in this:

1. Start with default settings and loading from a normal save (not a save state.)
2. ???
3. Create a save state.
4. Game continues working.
5. Restart PPSSPP.
6. Load the save state.
7. Game not working like it did after saving.

And you're not hitting any of the problems I listed above, then you've found a bug. Please describe what you did for "2" with as much detail (feel free to give it more bullet points) as possible. The goal is for someone else (a developer) to be able to do exactly what you did (as quickly/easily as possible) so it can be fixed.

If saving while music is playing, changing, paused, etc. causes corruption then this is definitely a bug and something we want to fix. Unless that is only a problem with certain non-default audio settings or something.

-[Unknown]