Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Disable Internal Resolution / Display Size Info?
08-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Disable Internal Resolution / Display Size Info?
Hi Guys,

Whenever I launch a game, using the latest release, a message appears at the top of the screen:

Internal Resolution XXXX x XXXX Display Size XXXX x XXXX

Is there any way to turn this off?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2015, 02:37 AM
RE: Disable Internal Resolution / Display Size Info?
By "the latest release" you mean the official version or the beta...it was fixed(if you can it a bug)long ago in some of the betas after the official version(the behavior when this message will be shown was changed)
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-07-2015, 11:23 AM
I also would like to know how to disable the message.
I doesn't matter if it's fullscreen or a different screen size.
This message is really annoying.
11-07-2015, 12:51 PM
(11-07-2015 11:23 AM)papermanzero Wrote:  I also would like to know how to disable the message.
I doesn't matter if it's fullscreen or a different screen size.
This message is really annoying.

Thanks for chiming in to bring this issue back up. I still haven't solved it and would be thrilled if someone could provide a solution
11-07-2015, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 06:19 PM by papermanzero.)
In general a function in the FramebufferCommon.cpp must be adapted.
Unfortunatelly I don't know how to handle paramenters.
But adding a paramenter to disable "osm.Show(messageStream.str(), 2.0f, 0xFFFFFF, -1, true, "resize")" or the function itself would be sufficient.

Currently it is also possible to delete this line (as workaround).
Then the message is also disabled. But to recompile the source only due to this issue is extremely annoying (like the message itself).

Here the function:

Code:
void FramebufferManagerCommon::ShowScreenResolution() {
    I18NCategory *gr = GetI18NCategory("Graphics");

std::ostringstream messageStream;
    messageStream << gr->T("Internal Resolution") << ": ";
    messageStream << PSP_CoreParameter().renderWidth << "x" << PSP_CoreParameter().renderHeight << " ";
    messageStream << gr->T("Window Size") << ": ";
    messageStream << PSP_CoreParameter().pixelWidth << "x" << PSP_CoreParameter().pixelHeight;

osm.Show(messageStream.str(), 2.0f, 0xFFFFFF, -1, true, "resize");
}
11-26-2015, 03:13 AM
Is this option added yet? I dunno why ppl are persistent to keep stuff like this when nobody wants it Tongue
11-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Hm. I think I might hide it unless the FPS meter is on - I guess people who are happy with some numbers obscuring the display won't mind more numbers briefly Smile The feature is useful to figure out what resultion you get when Auto is set on Windows, but agree that it's not all that useful otherwise.
11-26-2015, 10:19 PM
Or just disable it at game launch by default, as this is apparently the problem ?
I think it's still useful when changing the size of the display.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-27-2015, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2015 08:06 AM by shinra358.)
Something that is also intrusive is navigating the psp menu with the dpad. Sometimes it just doesn't go where you want it to go and sometimes you have to push right alot to get back to where you were. So my proposal for that would be sectioning. Use triggers or shoulders in the menu to switch sections while in the menu instead of the dpad to navigate over one by one. That way, you can get to your desired setting faster without going to another setting by accident.

Also, when going into graphics options or any other option in the list, it's impossible to go all the way down the list because it stops prematurely for some reason. My screen rez is 1080p and I can't go below that software mode option. It's halfway on the screen and halfway off. I don't know if there are anymore options below that or not.

"apparently the problem' - no one likes words onscreen that didn't come supplied with the real game. ppl want the purest experience possible. we already have reshade, nvidia, translators with their names all over the patches, and a few other things trying to clutter up the screen, we don't need more. Sure, it's useful for ppl who want to see display size. But no one else cares if they already have their stuff set up. An option to see or not see the display size would suffice. Ppl who want to see FPS may not want to see that too.
11-27-2015, 05:02 PM
That's why I have proposed to show these on-screen messages only when you resize your display, I don't know if I was clear enough Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2