Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nvidia Shield TV
07-10-2015, 04:48 AM
Nvidia Shield TV
Whose got one? How does it run PPSSPP? :3 I may get one, would it be useful for testing if I did so?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: Nvidia Shield TV
It runs pretty well imho. I tried setting 3x render resolution / 3x upscale / auto frameskip 1, and got a pretty decent experience. For certain settings, it performs better than my desktop (note that I only have a 9800 GT in my desktop), but generally it's not currently as fast.

It's arm64, so we're still working on the new jit it uses. We've been improving that recently, and there's still quite a bit of room for improvement (although most games are not limited by CPU.)

It's also capable of desktop OpenGL, and also more modern techniques than we currently use in our OpenGL backend. We may be able to take better advantage of those features as well, and it's reasonable to expect you won't at least have any glitches/etc.

I will say I think the controller is ugly imho, and the dpad is a little slidey. But then I also dislike xbox 360 controllers.

-[Unknown]
07-11-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: Nvidia Shield TV
It's the only Android device that I have been able to run tekken 6 @4x hd 60 fps with no frame skip.