Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Gran Turismo
06-24-2013, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 02:28 PM by sfageas.)
RE: Gran Turismo
Mirror is displayed on the right side of the screen?Ok it's from buffered rendering ON,BR OFF fix it

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2013, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 02:07 PM by Donel.)
Update on the emulation problems in this game:

- The fonts are all messed up
- When Buffered Rendering is On, the rear view mirror is broken and it seems to appear on the right side of the screen. When Buffered Rendering is Off, the rear view mirror works, but I'm not sure if the image it shows is accurate (it is different from the one showed on the right side of the screen when Buffered Rendering is On).
- The shaking caused by the Temporal AA only happens in some cameras. Maybe the internal framerate is lower than it should be in those cameras?
- Some visual effects are probably broken, as the game looks very empty
- The sound transitions as you change the camera are very abrupt. The music and the engines don't sound perfect to me, but I'm not quite sure.
- Vertex Cache lowers the performance a lot, contrary to other games, where it improves performance.
06-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm just curious - is nobody else getting this?

[Image: jv0m.png]

The screenshot is from a recent build of v0.8, but any revision from the past couple weeks I've tried have had the same result. The track line guides draw, as do background elements, but most anything pertaining to the track is invisible.

This is on Windows 7 x64, with an AMD card (which I expect to be the problem, as it often is, with anything).
06-26-2013, 01:41 PM
turn off mipmaping
06-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Ah, yes. That does make quite the difference! Thank you!
06-30-2013, 01:38 AM
v0.8.1
Well, after disabling Buffered Rendering, Vertex Cache, MipMaping and enabling Frame Skipping it gets pretty much playable, except for the unreadable text. Of course, it isn't smooth the whole time and some tracks have sections were the emulator start blinking with black interframes. Interestingly enough, the longer tracks (Nürburgring Nordschlaife and Circuit de la Sarthe) are the ones that worked better for me, having perfectly playable FPSs almost the whole lap. Also, the emulator doesn't seem to take all available resources (CPU and GPU don't reach 100%) with Gran Turismo, when I play Armored Core 3/SL/LR Portable or Whipeout Pulse it often does, just saying...
07-02-2013, 12:40 PM
This game can get almost full fps when playing single race mode in several tracks like nurburgring or even time-trial and also drift event. FPS getting slow when playing in several tracks and even pretty worse, the FPS drops below 30. Hoping that the next update fixes some point that some decent PC hardware should able to run Gran Turismo at minimum hardware specs.

*Overclocking the GPU can help a bit, but overall it still not get a total full fps. After all, its graphic is totally like the GT4 PS2 game.
07-02-2013, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 09:24 PM by Neytiri.)
Where is the music? I miss the music Sad

Anyway, this is awesome Big Grin. Finally I can run it in PC at good frame rate.
07-04-2013, 11:21 PM
I was wondering if the text problem is solvable. JPCSP had almost the same problem, and they "fixed" it, but it's still WAY too slow and glitchy to consider playable. PPSSPP is right the contrary. Is there hope seeing this fixed or is too soon to ask?
07-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Ok...i have a problem when the autosave text is appeared, and then it crashes even it shows the black screen during the game starts. How to fix this? This problem happened after I'm playing previous game in the emulator.
07-07-2013, 05:41 PM
In 0.8.1-401 the rear view mirror now displays properly:
[Image: iWcOvtzyHlsf4.jpg]

Two issues still remain though:
-Mipmapping still causes those horribly broken texture graphics
-In-game text is still rendered incorrectly.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-07-2013, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 05:50 AM by Donel.)
Update 2:

- Some stutter in the intro movie.
- Mipmapping breaks in-game textures. This also happens with other games and will be improved when the mipmapping implementation gets better. That's what henrik said.

- Screen shaking caused by the Temporal AA.
07-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Vertex cache slowing things down: this isn't a bug or issue, unfortunately. What it means is that they are changing constantly, so the overhead of trying to cache them is just wasting time.

I wonder if the text is related to mipmapping or something. So weird.

-[Unknown]
07-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi everybody. This is my first post on this forum.
I want play in Gran Turismo.
I run new build of this fantastic emulator, run my gran Turismo copy.
Game works fine in game menu, but isnt playable in race.
I have only slide show, and black car model.

I playing PPSSPP on this devices right now:

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (AOSP ROM Android 4.4.4,600 RAM, Other speed up mod,Toshiba 16GB Class 10)
PSP E-1004 with 16GB card

Android Modding is my passion.
07-15-2013, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 12:11 AM by The Phoenix.)
Title: Gran Turismo.
Genre: Racing
Game ID: UCUS98632
Region: USA
Format: ISO
Version: v0.8.1-559-g10f9adb
OS Tested on: Windows 7 x86(32 Bit)
Compatibility: Playable
Notes: The game boots up Ok, shows logo's, the menu's look Ok, apart from the text (Fonts) not displaying right in places.
The video plays perfectly with music.
The in game graphics look great, especially the city tracks The games audio & Music all play as would be expected.
The speed of the game on certain tracks drops to around 40+Fps in places, but most of the time I get full speed & it feels like its running at a great rate.
Tip: make sure the option Unlock CPU Clock is ticked & set the Frequency to 120, but experiment to see what gives you better results, but make sure to limit the Fps to 60.
Settings used: Use settings as shown in settings / System screen shots below..........